Sponsored

Hellion twin turbo cylinder head temps

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I regularly see CHT's in the 215-220 range here in Phoenix. Funny thing is, the car actually runs cooler at slower speeds. At 80 mph on the freeway it will hang out in the 215-219 range which is really odd. Granted, this all happens in 105-115 degree ambient temps. I've been wondering if I need to burp the cooling system because it will hang out right around 205CHT, then quickly jump to 215 and stabilize. This fluctuation happens very quickly which makes me think there might be air in the system.
Sponsored

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Top mount kit. Stock t stat cht’s were 220 plus. 170 t stat cht’s are between 203 and 205 now.

Do have turbo blankets.

OP
OP
Richardcompgt

Richardcompgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Top mount kit. Stock t stat cht’s were 220 plus. 170 t stat cht’s are between 203 and 205 now.

Do have turbo blankets.
My problem is dead stop traffic. Moving the car is fine. Once i’m bumper to bumper traffic it slowly creeps up and gets pretty hot. About 85* here today

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Found a blown fuse, guess here’s my issue
29 30** Electronic fan 1
Do you have the shroud with a single fan or the updated one with two(uses stock fans ) ?

I had the older version and the had the same thing happen with repeatedly blown fuses .

Hellion sent me the updated shroud for free .

OP
OP
Richardcompgt

Richardcompgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Do you have the shroud with a single fan or the updated one with two(uses stock fans ) ?

I had the older version and the had the same thing happen with repeatedly blown fuses .

Hellion sent me the updated shroud for free .
Yessir, i have the double fans but only one fan would kick on due to the blown fuse

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Fan motor is probably bad I am guessing ?
They are not too bad too replace .

Sponsored

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I have a procharger on stock tstat my top head temp has been 212.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Yessir, i have the double fans but only one fan would kick on due to the blown fuse
I had to replace the fans. I'm worried it happened to me again, as my CHTs hit 228° the other night when I had the AC turned on. It was about 89 degrees outside that night, which is hot, but I don't think it's enough for my CHTs to get that high in just a few minutes of idling.

OP
OP
Richardcompgt

Richardcompgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I had to replace the fans. I'm worried it happened to me again, as my CHTs hit 228° the other night when I had the AC turned on. It was about 89 degrees outside that night, which is hot, but I don't think it's enough for my CHTs to get that high in just a few minutes of idling.

That’s how i noticed my fuse popped. Turned on the a/c had a short drive. Drove back home was idling noticed temps were past 220 again. Checked the bottom fan was off, 30 amp fuse popped. Hellion said ether my down pipe is hitting the fan shroud or my fan is no good.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s how i noticed my fuse popped. Turned on the a/c had a short drive. Drove back home was idling noticed temps were past 220 again. Checked the bottom fan was off, 30 amp fuse popped. Hellion said ether my down pipe is hitting the fan shroud or my fan is no good.
Did they explain how the down pipe hitting the fan causes the fuses to blow ?

I am in the process of replacing my single fan with the newer shroud that uses the double factory fans and never checked that .

I had to get a new fan assembly as I had no idea what I did with the original ones since the install almost 4 years .
Sponsored

Last edited: