Sponsored

Hellion twin turbo cylinder head temps

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Did they explain how the down pipe hitting the fan causes the fuses to blow ?

I am in the process of replacing my single fan with the newer shroud that uses the double factory fans and never checked that .

I had to get a new fan assembly as I had no idea what I did with the original ones since the install almost 4 years .
If the pipe is hitting the blades and they can’t spin it will overheat and pop the fuse.
Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
That’s how i noticed my fuse popped. Turned on the a/c had a short drive. Drove back home was idling noticed temps were past 220 again. Checked the bottom fan was off, 30 amp fuse popped. Hellion said ether my down pipe is hitting the fan shroud or my fan is no good.
Isn't fitment and quality the whole point of buying a Hellion kit? Why would the downpipe be touching the fan?

OP
OP
Richardcompgt

Richardcompgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
If the pipe is hitting the blades and they can’t spin it will overheat and pop the fuse.
The pipe is hitting the shroud. Not the actual fan or this issue would have been since day 1.

I checked my pipe is touching the lower fan. gonna have to figure out how to move it back away. No luck with trying tonight
Sponsored