Sponsored

Hellion sleeper kit 18+ questions

AfricanSnowOwl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Hello. My Hellion sleeper kit for my 2020 GT should be shipping out this week from PBD, and I want to make sure I have everything needed for the install not included. It’s the stage 2, so it has all the fuel stuff, spark plugs, and tune.
Those with this kit, did you lockout the IMRCs? Are rear o2 sensor extenders necessary to keep the CEL off? Did the kit come with vacuum lines for everything needing them? Any other random things that were needed?
I already have a vacuum block, eboost controller, and snow performance meth kit. Am I missing anything?
Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I did not lock out imrcs (no issues)
I'm not running o2 spacers (no cels but yours may differ)
Am running meth (not tuned for it but it can't hurt)
No extra vac lines needed but I don't have a boost controller yet.

noshine4mine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1 Hellion TT
If you are connecting a boost controller you may want to get better vacuum hose. My kit was done originally on waste gate only. I added a boost controller and I needed to get more hose (2 coils of hose was enough). Plus I wanted something better than normal hose. I got the re-inforced vacuum hose from Turbosmart. Be warned, you may need different fittings with the good turbosmart hose. I hat to change out the fittings on the Turbos, and the waste gates. However that stuff may come with the kit. I would not know; a shop installed the kit originally and I never saw what it came with. I added the controller after the fact and I needed some odds and ends. I also opted for all brass fittings, i didnt want plastic getting brittle over time.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
I'm not sure if you are using their tubular manifolds or just using the base setup they offer but if you're retaining the stock cats on this, I would highly recommend looking into a catless setup as the cats can tend to get blown out with boost, especially with turbo setups. Other than that, IMRC deletes would be a good idea as the gain you get from keeping the IMRC is not even noticeable and there have been cases out there of them getting stuck closed under boost.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I'm not sure if you are using their tubular manifolds or just using the base setup they offer but if you're retaining the stock cats on this, I would highly recommend looking into a catless setup as the cats can tend to get blown out with boost, especially with turbo setups. Other than that, IMRC deletes would be a good idea as the gain you get from keeping the IMRC is not even noticeable and there have been cases out there of them getting stuck closed under boost.
How could you use the stock cats on a Hellion Sleeper setup? The turbos basically sit where the stock cats were.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
How could you use the stock cats on a Hellion Sleeper setup? The turbos basically sit where the stock cats were.
I was thinking about my top mount Hellion kit, missed the part about it being a sleeper kit. disregard about the cats.
Sponsored