Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Yeah I think that would be pretty visible unfortunately. I just hope they put a more experienced person on the install of the newest one amd can get it done right.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Update: got the car back today and they did the black marker trick and it looks great so thank you so much for the suggestion!

But . . . there is something sliding or rolling around above my head now. I have heard it twice. And they seemed to have scuffed the soft part of the dash on both sides right below the A pillar trim. Ridiculous. Will be going back again soon.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: got the car back today and they did the black marker trick and it looks great so thank you so much for the suggestion!

But . . . there is something sliding or rolling around above my head now. I have heard it twice. And they seemed to have scuffed the soft part of the dash on both sides right below the A pillar trim. Ridiculous. Will be going back again soon.
Good to hear about the headliner being satisfactory now.

As for whatever is rolling around, it could be a loose clip or magnet or even a harness not reattached properly. When you do go back, make sure you take the Tech on a test drive to demo the overhead noise - this way it's confirmed when both of you are in the car. Sometimes with that type of concern, you have to take the Tech for a drive to avoid the service center script "we can't replicate the issue".

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Hey thank you, Cobra Jet! I think whatever it is has found a natural resting spot somewhere above about the rear driver's side quarter window and hasn't made any more noise after a few more attempts at me aggressively shaking the car from side to side in some parking lots. I think for now I will let it be.

The small scratches on the padded sections of the dash underneath the A pillar trim (on both sides) is annoying me more at this point. Might have to see how hard it is to pop them off and replace them.

Sponsored

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
As a heads up for anyone who does run into a sagging headliner, Ford finally released a TSB for it (TSB 21-2220) to replace the upper door frame moulding. Apparently some can be bent causing the weatherstripping to not sit where it should.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Hey spedy7 - can you please post a link of that TSB? I am not finding anything under that number but I am terrible with the Googles.

JWMGR8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JW
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
After going around in "ford circular logic" with low life McRee Ford of Dickinson Tx I switched dealers. McRee did not know what to do to fix the headliner so they called ford who told them this is a "normal" situtation. Then when I contacted ford they reported that McRee indicated it was a "normal" situation. Call me crazy but sounds like a really good start to a claim against ford and McRee?
I took to another dealer who imediately reported the headliner needed to be replaced. However it is on a national back order? So my question is if a required part is on national back order then there should be zero new Mustangs being produced? It appears there are some new Mustangs showing up at dealers which indicates ford has the part?
I'll give it another few weeks and then decide next action.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mustangmatty

Mustangmatty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to post an update. Almost out of warranty so I finally decided to take it in.

Headliner drooping at front windshield, both sides and at doors.

Replaced headliner and got the TSB trim parts installed. Looks so much better. They did not have to remove any glass to get it in!:like:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wanted to post an update. Almost out of warranty so I finally decided to take it in.

Headliner drooping at front windshield, both sides and at doors.

Replaced headliner and got the TSB trim parts installed. Looks so much better. They did not have to remove any glass to get it in!:like:
Good to hear Ford fixed it for you!

Canoman

Lurker (mostly)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP 400A
Vehicle Showcase
My 2017 has this issue at the driver side door window trim, but the TSB doesn’t include 2017’s. Would they address it at a dealership even though it’s outside the affected model years listed in the TSB?
Sponsored