Sponsored

Headers

RicardoS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 5.0 PP
Looking to do headers soon. I have the Corsa xtreme cat back right now. Kooks or ARH??? Help!
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Those are both excellent, high end choices. I have the Kook's 1-7/8th headers myself (catted). No fitment problems or quality issues. You can't go wrong with either. Stainless Works is another kick a** choice as well.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
OP
OP

RicardoS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 5.0 PP
Cool thank you. What tune did you go with? And I know it'll be different for everyone but about how much was the install?

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Between Kooks and ARH, I have to say, both are really good brands and it would be tough choosing between the two. It basically comse down to who you prefer personally or who gives you the better deal...or coin toss. Whichever you choose, you'll be happy. Both companies along with a handful of others are the top quality brands. You can't really go wrong either way. I've seen installs cost from around $500 to around $1000. So it depends on where you go, how familiar they are with the job, and how cool you are with them, lol!!

elle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I'm so torn on the header/exhaust situation myself. What performance gain is an aftermarket header over stock? Seems like the install is a biotch. I'm leaning cat back exhaust if the gain is minimal. Last set I did on a Chebby was like 15hp IIRC?

davidryan1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt Supercharged
I don't think kooks has option if you do not want to use the factory connect. I will probually just go to muffler shop and have them cut off the factory connect to keep it 3 inches back.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
I went with Texas speed stainless 1 7/8. Can't wait to install.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
ARH would be our choice, you can choose a 3" option which kooks does not provide. Give us a shout if you have any other questions!

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm so torn on the header/exhaust situation myself. What performance gain is an aftermarket header over stock? Seems like the install is a biotch. I'm leaning cat back exhaust if the gain is minimal. Last set I did on a Chebby was like 15hp IIRC?
Gains would be significant and well worth it. The install to me did not seem to be too tough. I've installed headers on various other cars before. My 03 GT was the most difficult. But people are saying the S197 Coyote was easier then the New Edge GTs...and the S550 Coyote is even easier than the S197s. So I don't think it'll be too difficult. I'm gonna do mine in a parking lot on ramps with hand tools when I get them.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Gains would be significant and well worth it. The install to me did not seem to be too tough. I've installed headers on various other cars before. My 03 GT was the most difficult. But people are saying the S197 Coyote was easier then the New Edge GTs...and the S550 Coyote is even easier than the S197s. So I don't think it'll be too difficult. I'm gonna do mine in a parking lot on ramps with hand tools when I get them.
Having done both myself my 13GT was easier than my 16GT especially the passenger side. Mostly because the IMRCs on the 16 and the way the engine sits back at the wiper cowl make it difficult to jack up and rotate the motor like you could easily on the SN197. Many have broken their IMRC solenoids from jacking the motor up too far. Also the AC lines are more in the way now vs the previous generation. I broke my AC line on my 16 trying to gently bend it out of the way. I bent the line on my 13 out of the way with no issues.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Having done both myself my 13GT was easier than my 16GT especially the passenger side. Mostly because the IMRCs on the 16 and the way the engine sits back at the wiper cowl make it difficult to jack up and rotate the motor like you could easily on the SN197. Many have broken their IMRC solenoids from jacking the motor up too far. Also the AC lines are more in the way now vs the previous generation. I broke my AC line on my 16 trying to gently bend it out of the way. I bent the line on my 13 out of the way with no issues.
Oh man. Well maybe I'll still give it a shot, maybe I'll let a shop do it. If I attempt it then I just hope I can do it without any issues.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Really if money was no object I would be happy with either of those. Kooks are very high quality but the ARH system is no slouch and has a sound like no other. Kooks has been the standard goto "best headers" for a while, but there are a lot of good systems out now, ARH being one of them.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I doubt you'll notice any difference in power or fitment from any of the big excuse companies. Chose the kit that's right for and the connection type you prefer.
Sponsored