Sponsored

Headers without retune

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
So i have a set of stainless works headers that i want to install, off road headers... the problem im running across is retuning.. a shop basically broke my ngauge and they are ordering a new one so i can't datalog to retune, is it okay if i get them installed with the p1x im on without a retune?
Sponsored

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
I didn’t need to retune once I fitted mine.

I asked rob @ PBD who does my tuning and he said it would be ok and I would get a natural increase in power. He was right. Went from 632 to 704 whp.

Best bet is to speak to who ever tunes your car.

Mickey3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I’m Procharged as well and installed a set of Kooks without retuning. I’m waiting on a return fuel system to arrive and will be switching to E85. Just going to wait to retune it once the fuel system is installed.

It’s been a month and over 500 miles and I’ve had no issues or CEL’s. Car runs great and has more power.

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
I didn’t need to retune once I fitted mine.

I asked rob @ PBD who does my tuning and he said it would be ok and I would get a natural increase in power. He was right. Went from 632 to 704 whp.

Best bet is to speak to who ever tunes your car.
Thank you for the information, thats a really good gain! Damn. Im going to start the install then.

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
I’m Procharged as well and installed a set of Kooks without retuning. I’m waiting on a return fuel system to arrive and will be switching to E85. Just going to wait to retune it once the fuel system is installed.

It’s been a month and over 500 miles and I’ve had no issues or CEL’s. Car runs great and has more power.
Same here i'll be expecting fuel system soon as well! I'll be waiting on that. You'll see ridiculous power with the setup!

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
No tuning usually needed for LT’s. Wideband closed loop lambda targeting makes this attainable. MAF will meter the additional volume.

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt, 2018 f150 eb 3.5
Most tuners adjust transport delay no matter the tune. If you’re already tuned you’ll be fine.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
actually you are relieving back pressure so depending on what you're running specifically, you will see LESS boost than you normally would see. So you wouldn't need a retune.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
So i have a set of stainless works headers that i want to install, off road headers... the problem im running across is retuning.. a shop basically broke my ngauge and they are ordering a new one so i can't datalog to retune, is it okay if i get them installed with the p1x im on without a retune?
You're good to go without a retune on the longtubes!

Sponsored

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
What if you were on a whipple base tune?

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
bump for this as well, who’s running headers on a Whipple cal? What codes did you have to have turned off?
Just instaled my headers it runs good, loud as hell with stainless power and corsa extremes, makes me smile like a freaking child, no codes though so far which is great! They were installed today will be speaking with lund to just make sure things are running smooth

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
only thing you may have is the o2 sensor code, shoudl run ok, but you may get a light
Sponsored