Sponsored

Head Rest Options? Maybe headrests from another Ford?

Horde5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
The Warchief
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The headrest in my GT is just plain aggravating. No matter how I adjust it, it either comes into contact with the base of my neck or the back of my head. The rest of the seat is just right for my height, arm and leg length so none of that can change.

There is a DIY from a forum member about disassembling the headrest and shaving it down but I'd rather not molest the OEM piece so I'll have it when I eventually sell the car.

So the question is, does anyone know if we can use the headrests from another Ford vehicle? Maybe a focus or escape or something else?
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Are you adjusting them up/down as well as the fore/aft angle?

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
^^this. I had some work done and when I got my car back I spent 2 days messing with it to get it back to where it was and then realized the headrest goes fore and aft also

OP
OP

Horde5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
The Warchief
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've tried every combination of up, down and tilt. All the way down and un-tilted is the least offensive but is still intolerable. I got fed up today and put the whole thing on backwards but that is not a good solution.

The whole headrest sits 2 - 3 inches too far forward. I'm hoping something from another car will sit straight up from the seat instead of pushing forward the way ours do.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
You might have to recline the top of the seat back some more? Can't hurt to try.
Sponsored