Sponsored

Has anyone with Sync3 Nav successfully updated their maps?

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I bought mine over the phone, they needed the ESN and updated to 1-16
Sponsored

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I noticed when after installing the map updates that when I click on the voice button and say "Find an address", it doesn't talk back or do anything. I did a master reset, still nothing. Anyone else experience this? @Bikeman315
I just did the map update. I have the same issue. Sync will respond to everything else but navigation. If you say navigation it will respond but from that point its dead.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Where was APIM from. Czech Republic ones have this issue. I know the fix. Also try a master reset in general tab and maybe reload your asbuilt.

Last edited:

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I just did the map update. I have the same issue. Sync will respond to everything else but navigation. If you say navigation it will respond but from that point its dead.
I never use the voice sync but I will try this and see what mine does.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Just tried on both my 19' GT/CS with 3.3 and my wifes 18' Escape with 3.0. No problem with either.

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I did do a master reset right away and still nothing.

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
So talked to the Sync support and they recommend me taking it to the dealer. Seems as I downloaded the file and it was installed properly without any errors. I've tried a master reset, battery disconnect and reinstalling the update, still doesn't work. I may re-download and try again before I schedule an appointment.

Other voice commands work such as Call XXXX, just not the "find an address" or navigation features.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So talked to the Sync support and they recommend me taking it to the dealer. Seems as I downloaded the file and it was installed properly without any errors. I've tried a master reset, battery disconnect and reinstalling the update, still doesn't work. I may re-download and try again before I schedule an appointment.

Other voice commands work such as Call XXXX, just not the "find an address" or navigation features.
The dealer will wipe your APIM and reload everything, just like a computer. Hopefully that will solve your issues. Just have a nice conversation with your dealer so that he understands what needs to be done. Not all of them do.

Sponsored

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer will wipe your APIM and reload everything, just like a computer. Hopefully that will solve your issues. Just have a nice conversation with your dealer so that he understands what needs to be done. Not all of them do.
I went ahead and redownloaded the file and going to try to reload it again. I noticed that you no longer have the option to download it but only to purchase the USB key. Maybe there was a problem with the download in the past and a fresh download will fix it. Going to try it tonight.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I went ahead and redownloaded the file and going to try to reload it again. I noticed that you no longer have the option to download it but only to purchase the USB key. Maybe there was a problem with the download in the past and a fresh download will fix it. Going to try it tonight.
I just downloaded mine today and updated. Took less than 20 minutes for the update to comp, closer to 15 probably.

Pmb61

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Does anyone else feel that after spending $50,000 on a car the updates should be free?
You can buy a dash mount gps for $300 and get lifetime updates. I think for the price of a vehicle, updates should be free!

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
I think the reason that Ford is kinda neglecting to keep updating their gracenotes and map updates is that they already support Android auto and Apple Carplay. It's kinda opposite strategy of BMW. They keep their systems updated and read gracenotes off of bluetooth devices and charge for supporting Carplay and AA.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Can somebody please explain what exactly 'gracenotes' do on our cars? Thx.
Sponsored