Sponsored

Has anyone played with the 0-60 app?

Davisflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mini Cooper S JCW
I tried it out a couple times last night and the best I think I got was 5.3 or 5.4. I thought they were capable of 4.4? How accurate is the app? I'm not sure where I can improve if it is driver. I have been drag racing over 20 years and feel I'm proficient with a manual, but I guess it could be me. I tried the launch control, I tried with out it and could not get in the 4's. My best was with out launch control.

Just curious what others are getting. I haven't tried the 1/4 mile yet.
I think a couple things to keep in mind are that usually the press cars have broken in engines and they really beat the shit out of them to get those numbers, more than I would in my own car. Also, their times are corrected for altitude and temperature, so that could be a factor. For more realistic times from places like Car and Driver, look at their rolling start 5-60 mph.
Sponsored

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
Got my EcoBoost to 5.7 today. Getting better.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Mileage matters. Especially if you are under 1,000. You didn't say if you are manual or AT. If manual, you need to work on your start and your shifting. There's probably a half-second or more between granny-shifting and foot-flat-to-the-floor power shifting. With the AT, floor it in Sport and go.
It affects gas mileage, too, right? Granted I've been getting on my car a lot, but through the first 800 miles or so that I've driven so far, I've seen somewhat worse mileage than I was expecting.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
It affects gas mileage, too, right? Granted I've been getting on my car a lot, but through the first 800 miles or so that I've driven so far, I've seen somewhat worse mileage than I was expecting.
In my own experience, my first tank was about as good as any recent tank, so unless the bump comes after 4,000 miles I don't think mileage changes much in the V8. We'll have to see how that goes.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
David, my experience had been the same and I'm at 1800 miles. Granted I can get better mileage by using a few hypermiling techniques. But it really takes effort. So far today I'm averaging 19-20 mixed diving but I am also turning off my engine at every light just about and shifting to 6th once I hit 30mph

And Just to note, in my experiences with manual calculations and the computer. The computer is usually within .5 mpg...with it being more positive and generous in its calculation

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
David, my experience had been the same and I'm at 1800 miles. Granted I can get better mileage by using a few hypermiling techniques. But it really takes effort. So far today I'm averaging 19-20 mixed diving but I am also turning off my engine at every light just about and shifting to 6th once I hit 30mph

And Just to note, in my experiences with manual calculations and the computer. The computer is usually within .5 mpg...with it being more positive and generous in its calculation
Wow, you are serious! I can't say I am trying that hard. I do benefit from mostly open road driving. But I have been disappointed by the 1.5 mpg discrepancy between the computer and hand calculations. It's very consistent, and that's the worst I have ever had for an on-board computer.

mj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Fords, 1 Mazda, 1 Mercury
Wow, you are serious! I can't say I am trying that hard. I do benefit from mostly open road driving. But I have been disappointed by the 1.5 mpg discrepancy between the computer and hand calculations. It's very consistent, and that's the worst I have ever had for an on-board computer.
It may get closer with time. On my first 6-7 tanks, the computer was .5 to .9 mpg off. Now that I have 3k miles, the computer has only been off by .2 mpg on my last three fill ups.

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
Tried the 0-60 app for the 1st time tonight. Did a 5.0 flat (how ironic). Manual base model GT, btw.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP

Shifting to 6th at 30 is probably not helping you at all. You're lugging the motor at that point.....

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Well it's more like 35 if I'm still accelerating. If I'm cruising on a 30mph road she likes it just fine. She's at about 1000 rpms and it does help. She's not as happy as the gti due to the gear ratios but it spins just fine. I've noticed that as long as your able accelerate with the vacuum gauge between 10 and 15, she seems to get better efficiency according to the computer

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
1000rpm is ridiculous. You're running the car at basically idle, and getting on the gas is going to lug the motor. Period. I don't see the point in doing that to get maybe 2mpg more. I've averaged 17.5 through the first 1600 miles and don't do any of that, and barely any freeway time. I really don't even see the point of owning the car if that's how you drive it, but that's my opinion I guess.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
1000rpm is ridiculous. You're running the car at basically idle, and getting on the gas is going to lug the motor. Period. I don't see the point in doing that to get maybe 2mpg more. I've averaged 17.5 through the first 1600 miles and don't do any of that, and barely any freeway time. I really don't even see the point of owning the car if that's how you drive it, but that's my opinion I guess.
If you're steady cruising at 30 mph -- or, 25 mph here in NYC since they changed the speed limit last month, I guess -- then there's very little point in doing anything other than staying in high gear at just above idle. There's no need to ever "get on the gas" if you're going at a steady 30 mph on flat ground. You're maintaining a constant speed at the speed limit until you get to the next red light (when, presumably, you'll downshift).

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
I've had pretty bad gas mileage on my Ecoboost. *shrug*

Not even 1000 miles on it yet haha

jedirocker

Threads
Reaction score
Website
visualuniverse.org
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I achieved 4.7 on my first try with the 0-60 app (GT Auto 3.55). Now that I've had the new exhaust on for a few weeks, need to try again.
Sponsored