Sponsored

Has anybody "really" looked at their cars yet?

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
The part number is unique to the Mustang, specifically front hub. It looks like it could be for an AWD version of a Mustang. An AWD EcoBeast GT500? I'm not hoping for it, but I've never known Ford to not do things on purpose.
Yeah, but do we know FoRS part numbers yet? A "new" part number doesn't make it Mustang exclusive. Have you ever messed with old 60's Fords and seen the engineering and part number crossover? A (Galaxie) and O (Fairlane) parts made their way around.
It could easily be a shared hub used to get the desired offset while cost saving.

I'm not saying its impossible, but it would seem highly unlikely.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Yeah, but do we know FoRS part numbers yet? A "new" part number doesn't make it Mustang exclusive. Have you ever messed with old 60's Fords and seen the engineering and part number crossover? A (Galaxie) and O (Fairlane) parts made their way around.
It could easily be a shared hub used to get the desired offset while cost saving.

I'm not saying its impossible, but it would seem highly unlikely.
I worked for 15+ years in a Ford parts department. I know exactly how the parts numbering system works. FR3Z-1104-CA & D. The difference is either with or without Mangeride suspension. The front and rear hubs have different part numbers. I don't make this up, these are not assumptions. I can't offer anymore than that... :shrug:

Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I will just say that its annoying to make a thread like this. Just post the shit and move on.
Agreed. Especially when its in a story thats actually coming out TODAY.

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
GT350 Front Hub :gossip:

Really....that's it? :doh:

Yeah Corvette has been like that for a while. 2009-2013 Z06 and ZR1's have the same bearing front and rear......Buy a SKF bearing for them and they are the same way. To date I have yet to see a AWD Corvette. SKF did it because it is cheaper to make one bearing than make two different PN's. I would venture to say SKF is probably making the bearings for these too. If that is the case....damn good bearings.

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Pat numbers aside, I think there is an explanation for this that has nothing to do with AWD mustangs. I would guess that its a shared hub.
Historically, there has always been some part number crossover.

:thumbsup:

Saving costs.....

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Agreed. Especially when its in a story thats actually coming out TODAY.
Ever think that agreed to not say anything?

I think it's especially crazy for everyone to be so upset since it's actually coming out TODAY. If he said, you'll find out next month, then maybe lynch him, lol.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Really....that's it? :doh:

Yeah Corvette has been like that for a while. 2009-2013 Z06 and ZR1's have the same bearing front and rear......Buy a SKF bearing for them and they are the same way. To date I have yet to see a AWD Corvette. SKF did it because it is cheaper to make one bearing than make two different PN's. I would venture to say SKF is probably making the bearings for these too. If that is the case....damn good bearings.
Did the corvette have a splined hub like that? Also there's a place to receive the axle nut, if you look.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I worked for 15+ years in a Ford parts department. I know exactly how the parts numbering system works. FR3Z-1104-CA & D. The difference is either with or without Mangeride suspension. The front and rear hubs have different part numbers. I don't make this up, these are not assumptions. I can't offer anymore than that... :shrug:
It could still be a shared casting then made specific for the F/R or shared with another platform and made mustang specific. We engineers do this all the time to cut down on tooling costs.

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
If the GT500 is AWD, I'd say that would be pretty dang big news...:shrug:
I agree. It will have to be news like that for a shot around the world though.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
AWD is a good direction to go for vehicles like a possible GT500 that will be making at least 700 hp and possibly much more in order to compete with the Hellcat, etc.

Thanks for posting and I appreciate your thoughts about it.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Damn, if there is a 700 hp gt500 with awd that actually handles...... I might have to trade in Lucy.
Sponsored