Sponsored

Has anybody done a resonator delete and used a X pipe in its place and was it worth it

Gtmusi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
FN GT Mustang, FG Gt, BA Gt
Has anyone done a resonator delete and replaced it with a X pipe in a FNGT and was it worth it love to here back
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Yep, first mod I did. Looking back, I should have done an H-pipe instead, but that's my preference. H pipes tend to sound closer to a sixties muscle car, but an X pipe will get you more power. The difference is minimal, you would only see it on a dyno, but it is there. American muscle has plenty of sound clips on their website for all kinds of different exhaust configurations. Give them a listen and choose what you like.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Depends what year you have. On a 2018+, there's some nice sound gains, but it can sound a bit metallic and harsh at WOT/high RPM. On 15-17 cars you probably won't even hear a difference, the stock mufflers are super quiet. If you have a 2018+ with active exhaust, then an h/xpipe is absolutely worth it. Most people don't even feel the need to do anything more with that setup.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
I have a '14 GT, but I ditched all that crap and went with Borla X-pipe, Borla Mid pipes (no resonators, obviously) and Borla Stingers.

F-yeah it was worth it. It sounds rude, and very controllable with the pedal. No drone, quiet at a warm idle, wake the dead at WOT.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I swapped the resonator for an FRPP X-pipe. Before and after dyno pulls showed zero power change. Sounded a little better, but I had to add Borla S-Type AB's to get the sound I wanted.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I have a '14 GT, but I ditched all that crap and went with Borla X-pipe, Borla Mid pipes (no resonators, obviously) and Borla Stingers.

F-yeah it was worth it. It sounds rude, and very controllable with the pedal. No drone, quiet at a warm idle, wake the dead at WOT.
I did the FRPP resonator delete/x-pipe, FRPP sport mufflers and long tube headers. When I had it dyno tuned, it was so loud at WOT during the pull it was giving me a headache and I was sitting in the lobby of the shop on the other side of a cinder block wall. Yeah, it was that loud.

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
Thats the 1st thing I did. After a few months, I wanted more. I ended up modifing some 2014 Mustang Bassani mufflers for the axle back. Sounds so good now. With the X pipe, it does have a "metallicy" sound. It sounds more like a European sports car than a muscle car up in the RPM range.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
The Borla "SwitchFire" resonator replacement intrigued me, with its crossover X-pipe design. Expensive, but it really made nice noises on the 2018 GT PPI.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I was looking at doing a resonator delete but decided to get a Roush Cat-Back with an x-pipe. Glad I went with the full cat-back because I didn't have to cut anything, and it wasn't difficult to do. Put the car up on race ramps in my garage and took about 1.5 hours. The Roush system sounds amazing

Sponsored

Sham_POW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT

Here's an audio clip of a 2nd gear pull on my car after I had a Steeda X-pipe install. This is on a 2020 GT with active exhaust set to track mode. 100% worth it. It does get a little metallic sounding at light throttle around 3-4k RPMs, but at WOT it absolutely rips.

Full FUBAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
Has anyone done a resonator delete and replaced it with a X pipe in a FNGT and was it worth it love to here back
I will let you know, adding a FP X pipe Friday and I have active exhaust

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I went with the Ford Performance Boss 302 styled X-mid pipe with side exit exhaust, FP M-5220-M8, resonator delete. And added some Roush Axle backs to '17.
M-5220-M8.jpg

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
YES !! a thousand times

Installing it yourself

Some tips
1 The ps active exhaust valve, plug . Use care, I strongly recommend it be removed and let it hang. Reinstall after you've finished, (last step)
The area is tight and more then one on this board have knocked it off, some damaged the plug or wiring. Getting the ps side pipe into the X pipe

2 read and use the measurements suggested in the directions
3 very important, do not over tighten the clamps. Doing so will distort the tube. If that happens the pipe and muffler. Will never hold the position it is set at. Causes the tail pipe to be misaligned.........

1.png

2.png

Reinstall plug last step

Last edited:

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning