Ghost50

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1

Briebee72

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I hate this and IM glad someone caught it. But it is harbor freight home of cheap chinese crap tools you use once. why anyone buys anything from them that your life depends on is beyond me. Spend the extra and buy good stands not the cheapest you can find. your life depends on it. Stay safe people.

ice445

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Damn, you can buy a lot of wood for $363.
Yeah, the price doesn't seem worth it but the great thing about these is that they're stronger than shit but also weigh pretty much nothing, you can practically juggle them. I have no doubt you can build something similar out of wood for way less $$ but if you're lazy they're a good option.

samd1351

Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Seems like a perfect reason to buy a quick jack.

I can hear it now.
Me: Babe, I need to buy a lift for the car. There's a recall on the jack stands.
Her: Did you mail the check for the life insurance?
Me: Yes.
Her: Well, just use the jack stands for now, you'll be fine.

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
Seems like a perfect reason to buy a quick jack.

I can hear it now.
Me: Babe, I need to buy a lift for the car. There's a recall on the jack stands.
Her: Did you mail the check for the life insurance?
Me: Yes.
Her: Well, just use the jack stands for now, you'll be fine.
Mail a check? Is it 1996 where you live?

Ebm

Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I hate this and IM glad someone caught it. But it is harbor freight home of cheap chinese crap tools you use once. why anyone buys anything from them that your life depends on is beyond me. Spend the extra and buy good stands not the cheapest you can find. your life depends on it. Stay safe people.
Shit happens man. This is no different than a vehicle recall. Just as dangerous. If anybody remembers the 'ole Ford Exploders or more recently the S197s with airbag issues. Either one could have killed you.

For what it is, I've used 2 pairs(4 total) of 3 ton Harbor Freight jack stands for more than 6 or 7 years now on multiple vehicles and never had an issue. Of course I'm paranoid and leave the floor jack under the vehicle most of the time as another weight distribution point. Never had an issue with either of my 4 jack stands or 2 floor jacks I've got from Harbor Freight. Never had an issue with most of their tools either and I've bought hand tools, electric tools, air tools, and accessories. Only issue I've had is the ball joint kits sucked. I actually bent the ball joint press trying to get ball joints out of a Jeep. Ended up going with a master ball joint and u joint service set from PowerBuilt and that set has seen some abuse and doesn't even flinch.

Truth is, most tool companies aren't any better than Harbor Freight as most tools are made in China anyway. So you can call Harbor Freight home of cheap chinese crap tools you use once, but you most likely have cheap chinese tools from another company. Craftsman and Snap-On both have tools made in China. Made in China doesn't necessarily mean the tool is junk. If the quality control is good and they import their metal there, those tools can be well made.

Advertisement

15 - Steeda - 5

Advertisement