Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I hate this and IM glad someone caught it. But it is harbor freight home of cheap chinese crap tools you use once. why anyone buys anything from them that your life depends on is beyond me. Spend the extra and buy good stands not the cheapest you can find. your life depends on it. Stay safe people.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Damn, you can buy a lot of wood for $363.
Yeah, the price doesn't seem worth it but the great thing about these is that they're stronger than shit but also weigh pretty much nothing, you can practically juggle them. I have no doubt you can build something similar out of wood for way less $$ but if you're lazy they're a good option.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Seems like a perfect reason to buy a quick jack.

I can hear it now.
Me: Babe, I need to buy a lift for the car. There's a recall on the jack stands.
Her: Did you mail the check for the life insurance?
Me: Yes.
Her: Well, just use the jack stands for now, you'll be fine.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I hate this and IM glad someone caught it. But it is harbor freight home of cheap chinese crap tools you use once. why anyone buys anything from them that your life depends on is beyond me. Spend the extra and buy good stands not the cheapest you can find. your life depends on it. Stay safe people.
Shit happens man. This is no different than a vehicle recall. Just as dangerous. If anybody remembers the 'ole Ford Exploders or more recently the S197s with airbag issues. Either one could have killed you.

For what it is, I've used 2 pairs(4 total) of 3 ton Harbor Freight jack stands for more than 6 or 7 years now on multiple vehicles and never had an issue. Of course I'm paranoid and leave the floor jack under the vehicle most of the time as another weight distribution point. Never had an issue with either of my 4 jack stands or 2 floor jacks I've got from Harbor Freight. Never had an issue with most of their tools either and I've bought hand tools, electric tools, air tools, and accessories. Only issue I've had is the ball joint kits sucked. I actually bent the ball joint press trying to get ball joints out of a Jeep. Ended up going with a master ball joint and u joint service set from PowerBuilt and that set has seen some abuse and doesn't even flinch.

Truth is, most tool companies aren't any better than Harbor Freight as most tools are made in China anyway. So you can call Harbor Freight home of cheap chinese crap tools you use once, but you most likely have cheap chinese tools from another company. Craftsman and Snap-On both have tools made in China. Made in China doesn't necessarily mean the tool is junk. If the quality control is good and they import their metal there, those tools can be well made.

Sponsored

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Went to return the ones I had. Got $20 gift card. Could have sworn I paid more than that but oh well. The store I went to (the only one in the area) was all out of jack stands :frown:

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Mail a check? Is it 1996 where you live?
I haven't set up the online payment for it, as I only pay a yearly premium. I only write checks three places any more. Life insurance (once a year), HOA fees(once a year), and church (weekly).

If I could just get my boss to do direct deposit, I'd be set. But he's very old school, and likes to make a point of handing you your paycheck.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I had heard about their Jack Stands

irmoviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Glad I have a quickjack for this reason. I had a buddies jack stand set while doing my sway bars, i didn't feel comfortable at all even with the tires under the car just in case it fell. Now I have peace of mind when it comes to working on my car. Good looking out for the rest of us though!
Sponsored