Sponsored

Had enough of aftermarket CAI & HIGH IAT's. So here's my fix.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Even clears the 17 engine cover. Modded to fit my 2020 intake manifold.
20211029_133526.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Love that DiabloSport display.
Thats just one of a infinite amount of configurations. You can customize each gauge. And DiabloSport has so many PIDs to choose from its mind boggling. Data recording is second to none. 😀

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
2020 full intake with throttle body and Maf for sale in the classifieds.
Just saying...........

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
Ahhh gotcha :wink:

Anyways this is what @WD Pro was talking about. Line up the triangle with the green line.
20211028_171627_HDR.jpg

Side shot.
20211028_171559_HDR.jpg
Thank you! That’s very comforting to know it fits well. I’ve been less than enthused about the jlt’s fit. I know it’s not jlt’s fault, but still

Sponsored

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Did the K&N drop in filter today
Kept hearing it messes up the MAF signal. 100% false. Only thing I notice is fuel trims relearning. Other than that.. My journey outta the hot air intake is complete. Couldn't be happier with the 18+ air box + filter.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Kept hearing it messes up the MAF signal. 100% false. Only thing I notice is fuel trims relearning. Other than that.. My journey outta the hot air intake is complete. Couldn't be happier with the 18+ air box + filter.
Hard to argue it kinda does everything well. It flows, keeps iats down and smooth maf curve.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of stuff I read before I got my car suggested that was the best combination for ‘most’ people and ‘most’ circumstances :like:

As much as I would have like a fancy looking intake, I ended up with :
  • Big mouth.
  • 18+ air box (standard for me).
  • Pulled the carbon trap from the lid.
  • Plugged the sound tube.
  • AEM dry filter.
WD :like:

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
  • Big mouth.
  • AEM dry filter.
I'm guesstimating 2.5% increase in hp for the K&N drop in (based on everything I've seen on engineering explained), and .05% (probably less cause it's not really in the way of anything) for removing the charcoal filter. Let's face it.. that stock filter is twice & probably twice as restrictive as thick as the K&N .

As for the big mouth.. I couldn't justify spending a hundo for some formed plastic. So I made my own haha.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot of stuff I read before I got my car suggested that was the best combination for ‘most’ people and ‘most’ circumstances :like:

As much as I would have like a fancy looking intake, I ended up with :
  • Big mouth.
  • AEM dry filter.
What’s your maf lbs/min and stft/ltft with that setup

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
What’s your maf lbs/min and stft/ltft with that setup
I have absolutely no idea of how to check that ... lol

And if I did, would it be relevant / comparable based on mine being a UK car ? i.e. it runs a different tune to the USDM cars with GPF's and different exhaust manifolds with correspondingly different HP and torque ratings ?

Following instruction, I am up for checking if its easy to do - I have the OBD Link MX+ dongle with the app on iPad and iPhone and ForScan :like:

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Bullitt which uses the GT350 intake and TB. I did install a big mouth and checked for proper sealing to the hood, and it does. Would there be much of a benefit to replace it with a stock 18+ airbox and tube? Would the tube fit the larger TB?

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Bullitt which uses the GT350 intake and TB. I did install a big mouth and checked for proper sealing to the hood, and it does. Would there be much of a benefit to replace it with a stock 18+ airbox and tube? Would the tube fit the larger TB?
I have no idea. As I never used the gt350/bullitt air induction so I can't give an opinion.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have absolutely no idea of how to check that ... lol

And if I did, would it be relevant / comparable based on mine being a UK car ? i.e. it runs a different tune to the USDM cars with GPF's and different exhaust manifolds with correspondingly different HP and torque ratings ?

Following instruction, I am up for checking if its easy to do - I have the OBD Link MX+ dongle with the app on iPad and iPhone and ForScan :like:

You just have to look at your data log. Shouldn’t matter that yours is a Euro car since all of the cars use MAF and not MAP, regardless of US/Euro spec. I’m not sure if you have a program that shows you detailed sensor information for data logging but on pretty much any mail tune, you can see those three factors very easily. The Maf lbs/min is a decent way to show flow potential of different intake setups as long as you correct for the fuel trims. With the trims considered, an increase in maf lbs/min usually correlates with a power increase due to more airflow. Especially useful for ram air intake setups like the factory mustang cold air since having 70+ mph of air on the front of the car does change how the intake flows and isn’t replicated on a dyno
Sponsored