Sponsored

H-pipe vs X-pipe comparison video

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
X pipe sounds more consistent across the revs like the air flow is more smooth where the H pipe has different points where it gets quiet or raspy. The air flow is less smooth across the revs.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
The WOP X sounds broke!

OP
OP
daltron

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
How has no one complimented this man on his license plate holder yet?!
Lol, thanks man. Believe it or not a lot of people have zero clue, I keep thinking I am the only Chris Farley fan :cheers:

OP you'll love your new setup, I'm running the full 3inch SW headers no cats to SW catback with H..sounds brutal.
I'm excited!

You were using the Pypes-Bomb axle back along with the X/H pipe?

Thanks so much for the video!
Yes sir, that exact axle back. IMO the bang for the buck ($300-350 for the axle backs and $150 for the mid pipe) is definitely there if you want something loud.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Great comparison vid though.

Sponsored

glossygt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Yes sir, that exact axle back. IMO the bang for the buck ($300-350 for the axle backs and $150 for the mid pipe) is definitely there if you want something loud.[/QUOTE]

I have the pypes axle back now with the stock resonator. Have thought about the x-pipe, but don't want it to be obnoxiously loud. Would you say that is the case? Is it closer to 20% or 50% louder?

Thanks.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I guess I'm a minority when it comes to the H pipe. I personally liked the sound of the H pipe a little better than the X, and bought a cat back system with an H. I have long tubes coming and an intake manifold sitting waiting to install at the same time. I'm eager to hear how it's all gonna sound in person.

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
H-pipe definitely comes off as deeper (more muscular?) sounding to me. Liked how it rocked the camera (I know, I know, it's just placement...the X would have done the same). The X-pipe seems taught (sp?), high strung even....I love it!! The hot start seemed to settle down immediately, like it was ready to get to business! Thanks [MENTION=15475]daltron[/MENTION] for posting this...I'm going w/the X-pipe for my (hopefully) final exhaust purchase....

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I'm a minority when it comes to the H pipe. I personally liked the sound of the H pipe a little better than the X, and bought a cat back system with an H. I have long tubes coming and an intake manifold sitting waiting to install at the same time. I'm eager to hear how it's all gonna sound in person.
Maybe a minority in this thread but not overall....many a folk like the H-pipe. I had H-pipe on my Fox body, and X-pipe on my '95 GT...Loved them both. Also why I've been on the fence with this car. Think I'm going with X-pipe, but would like to hear your setup once it's all done. Except for the catback (I'm sticking with the stock) would be the same....

OP
OP
daltron

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I have the pypes axle back now with the stock resonator. Have thought about the x-pipe, but don't want it to be obnoxiously loud. Would you say that is the case? Is it closer to 20% or 50% louder?

Thanks.
I couldn't say either way, sorry [MENTION=17049]glossygt[/MENTION]. The axlebacks have only been on my car with the H and X pipes, never with the resonator. It is LOUD though either way.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Maybe a minority in this thread but not overall....many a folk like the H-pipe. I had H-pipe on my Fox body, and X-pipe on my '95 GT...Loved them both. Also why I've been on the fence with this car. Think I'm going with X-pipe, but would like to hear your setup once it's all done. Except for the catback (I'm sticking with the stock) would be the same....
Sure, I can probably do that. I'm doing those mods the middle of next month. And yeah, the H pipe sounded a little deeper to me, that's why I think I went for it. Nothing wrong with an X at all, to each his own.
Sponsored