H-Pipe to X-Pipe

lootinleoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I’m debating going from an H to an X pipe....I bought my car it already had Roush axle back and a H pipe on it dunno what brand h pipe...but I kinda like the aggressiveness of a x pipe....any input or thoughts on this and looking at x pipes they all damn near look the same dunno why some are 400-500 has anyone done this a regretted switching?
Sponsored

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I think it comes down to the sound you want. The H-Pipe gives that lower muscle car grumble but its quite loud where the X-Pipe is raspy.

I ordered my H-Pipe, cant wait to get it installed once it shows up from the US because companies want to charge 500 bucks here but I got it delivered for 270.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I’m debating going from an H to an X pipe....I bought my car it already had Roush axle back and a H pipe on it dunno what brand h pipe...but I kinda like the aggressiveness of a x pipe....any input or thoughts on this and looking at x pipes they all damn near look the same dunno why some are 400-500 has anyone done this a regretted switching?
The Roush AB and X-pipe was too raspy for me. I have to toss in some vibrants to tone things down. I do miss the volume at time, but WOT was just an ugly sound.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
I just moved to my first H in years and love it.

I’ve seen several people say that the Roush AB + X pipe is not a great combo.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
roush ab + x pipe is raspy if you are into that sound

its about as loud as corsa extremes

I think some companies offer different materials but if you don't live where it snows and salt etc i dont think it matters much.

Sponsored

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I find the deeper sounding mufflers/systems sound best with an X-Pipe while your higher pitched mufflers/systems sound best with an H-Pipe, IMO. Ultimately, comes down to your personal preference.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I’ve always been a follower of H pipe is best paired with chambered mufflers and X pipe is best paired with straight through.

I’ve always run the opposite combo on both my GT’s... go figure. My ‘00 had a UPR X pipe and MAC catback. My ‘16 has a Pypes H Bomb catback. I really, really like the H/straight through combo.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
To H-Pipe or X-Pipe ... check out the latest video we did :)

TJ

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This may be off topic, but I've always wondered, which pipe provides the best low end accelerating torque?

I ask, because I'd love some more "get up and go", but not necessarily high end HP.

Sponsored

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
This may be off topic, but I've always wondered, which pipe provides the best low end accelerating torque?

I ask, because I'd love some more "get up and go", but not necessarily high end HP.
I have read and seen some videos of the H-Pipe provided a smidge better low end torque where the X-Pipe was at the higher scale.

Not my findings, just what I have read/seen.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt

people say the H pipe but it's probably very negligible

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yep.. H for “low end” and X for “top end”. It has to do with scavenging and balance of exhaust flow. The cross section of an H pipe does not force both exhaust banks to merge together, where as an X design does.

As far as gains in power, it’s minimal especially once you get into larger diameter exhaust systems and straight through mufflers. There is a difference, but nothing major just in the H vs X comparison in itself.

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Just got done installing a ford perf xpipe, pp3, and already had the Roush active quads, sound is badass, even in quiet mode it just sounds “right” loud mode is loud yes but it still sounds awesome , so awesome I normally leave it on loud. I say go for it, these are high revving motors anyways, may as well maximize it

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
My 2013 had longtubes to a MF Tru-X to their race series with a Roush Blower on top with Brenspeed’s corvette killer pack. That was one amazing sounding raspy bitch that sounded like Ford and Lamborghini had a demonic child.

At this point I prefer the sound of my AWE with an H.
Sponsored