Sponsored

GTD application halted

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I get its cool and rare, but no matter my finances or "clout", no fucking way im spending $325k on a Mustang. Because in the end its still a Mustang. But its is stupid they are only letting "influencers" get first dibs.

That being said, I know someone mentioned SpeedPhenom being a douchebag, and yea he kinda looks and sounds like it. But hes a good dude and means well. I was on a work trip somewhere tennessee...arkansas maybe (i travel a lot with work so i dont remember where). I needed to refuel so i hit up a gas station by the hotel one night. Im pulling in and i see this bright red Z06. I was like oh shit, thats a ZO6! This was the first one i saw on the road and again, ya he got first dibs for who he was.

So i pulled up to the pump next to him and and just causally said "nice ZO6". Him and some dude he was with both smiled and he was like, "you're the first person on this trip who knew what it was" (he was driving across the country after picking it up). I was like, ya, i knew right when i saw the spoiler. So we just talked about mustangs and vettes for about 10 minutes. Just seemed like a nice kid, didnt have an ego or brag about it. I had absolutely no idea who he was at the time but i knew he was somebody being that young with that car. I told him i had to hear it so he got in and revved it a few times and its such a beautiful sounding car. Said our goodbyes and left.

then like a month later im scrolling through instagram and i see him in a reel with the vette lol. then found his youtube page and I was like...oh shit thats why hes got a car like that. He just got a 720s too.

That being said, i hate the whole influencer thing, and sure call it jealousy, because it is lol. Ive loved, drove, and worked on cars my whole life and you just get internet famous and get whatever car you want. Bullshit lol.
I get that you are not going to spend $325K on a Mustang and appreciate your decision as that is a lot of money for most everyone.

Regarding your comment centered around "influencers" getting first dibs on the upcoming 2025 GTD, I am curious how you came up with that conclusion or what your source of information is?
Sponsored

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I get that you are not going to spend $325K on a Mustang and appreciate your decision as that is a lot of money for most everyone.

Regarding your comment centered around "influencers" getting first dibs on the upcoming 2025 GTD, I am curious how you came up with that conclusion or what your source of information is?
I mean the first post of this thread. Can just Google search and find out too. People are having to post application videos. You think that are gonna just take some random joe over someone with 1m followers?

Even speedphenom isn't garunteed one and everyone knows who he is now.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I’m not so sure. At the end of the day, the GTD is a big, powerful, front engine, heavy car. Does not have the pedigree of a Ford GT, and the practicality of the Mustang is not there with the transaxle/suspension/cooling taking up the entire trunk. Thats acceptable at the price point of $300,000+ super cars market, that are mid or rear engine layout.
Obviously the official specifications for the GTD have not been released based on Ford and Multimatic still working on many complex aspects of this vehicle.

What we can expect is at least 800 HP for Ford's new halo Mustang and is expected to have close to a 50/50 weight distribution and also understand that a great deal light weight components will be implemented into this vehicle such as CF body panels, CF drive shaft and Magnesium wheels.

Having said that do you expect the 2025 Mustang GTD to exceed a 2022 GT500 in terms of overall length, width, height, wheelbase and curb weight?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Millionaire with no media presence who wants it for his collection.. no. Jay Leno, yes.
FORD is now the Kardashian's of the automotive world.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I mean the first post of this thread. Can just Google search and find out too. People are having to post application videos. You think that are gonna just take some random joe over someone with 1m followers?

The one thing that Austin has against him, IMHO, is that he put Ford in his rear view mirror a while ago. He wasn't happy that he wasn't selected for the Ford GT, and then the next thing you know, he sold his 500 (which he bad mouthed). Next thing you know, he is looking for content so he makes a video on how he wants his 500 back.

Simple, he's not a Ford guy anymore. He's used Ford for all he can and he has moved on. But like any you tube whore, he's looking for the next thing that will get him a bunch more likes and subscribes.

Say it isn't so. It's because of people like him that I don't youtube. I could never be that kind of person.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Millionaire with no media presence who wants it for his collection.. no. Jay Leno, yes.
FORD is now the Kardashian's of the automotive world.
I wouldn't say that. I believe ford wants to put this car in the hands who will use it like it was designed.

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
I get the "its just a mustang" comments until you really look into this car. this isn't just some performance parts thrown at a mustang gt or a wide body kit. there appears to be a mountain of R&D done to this car and Im very interested to see what the final product can do. at the end of the day this car will likely to have less in common with a mustang than a 911 carrera has with a gt3rs.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't say that. I believe ford wants to put this car in the hands who will use it like it was designed.
Well, then that just leaves racing teams. Probably 24hrs of this or that teams.
Any influencer I've seen either crashes, or blows up engines. Leno just likes to drive.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Well, then that just leaves racing teams. Probably 24hrs of this or that teams.
Any influencer I've seen either crashes, or blows up engines. Leno just likes to drive.
And don't forget me, lol

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Every applicant was invited to provide a video with their application (but not compulsory) therefore you can expect to outstanding videos also coming from some well-known Blue Oval owners.

If you looked at a GTD application you would notice that early on the application references 8 various aspects regarding each applicant with item 7 talking about influencers therefore it is nowhere near the top of the list with the other items being of much more importance.

I am not suggesting that some influencers may get an allocation but to suggest that they will get first dibs over thousands of long and loyal Mustang and Ford GT owners, that is difficult for me to image.

Keep in mind that the Mustang GTD application process is being run and handled by a 3rd party firm and that once the allocation process closes later this month then it will be turned over to a few select individuals at Ford who will have the final say on all this.

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
Obviously the official specifications for the GTD have not been released based on Ford and Multimatic still working on many complex aspects of this vehicle.

What we can expect is at least 800 HP for Ford's new halo Mustang and is expected to have close to a 50/50 weight distribution and also understand that a great deal light weight components will be implemented into this vehicle such as CF body panels, CF drive shaft and Magnesium wheels.

Having said that do you expect the 2025 Mustang GTD to exceed a 2022 GT500 in terms of overall length, width, height, wheelbase and curb weight?
Since the GTD is not a carbon fiber tub vehicle, using same stainless steel architecture as the S650, my guess will be close to CFTP GT500 weight. That rear suspension setup, and big radiator setup for the transaxle looks pretty heavy back fhere.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Since the GTD is not a carbon fiber tub vehicle, using same stainless steel architecture as the S650, my guess will be close to CFTP GT500 weight. That rear suspension setup, and big radiator setup for the transaxle looks pretty heavy back fhere.
I am expecting less than 4,000# but difficult to tell where it will finally end up?

Last edited:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Take a CFTP (4000#) and deduct weight for CF body (dry CF hood, fenders, fascia, quarters, decklid, bumper...lets say 200#), ceramic brakes (oh about 120#), it wouldn't surprise me to see them swap a Lithium battery (50#), trans and axle is a wash, other weight reduction measures (ill estimate 160#). Wheels are a wash..... and if they really wanted to dig deep, they could probably pull a lot out of not using heavy steel components and using lightened substitution parts.... let's just say another 100#.

There is a reason the car is 325K+. I would expect ford and multimatic would go to extreme efforts to get the weight down. That's what makes a car beat everything else out there. People get so preoccupied with HP.... it's HP/weight ratio and distribution.

My guess for the GTD, optioned out is 3400-3600#. Combine that with 840 HP..... WOW!
Sponsored