jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I received an invite to the GT500 Track Tour in Joliet Illinois. I was thinking this would be a great event to take my wife to, but no guest are allowed? Obviously the 1st one in LasVegas was unique as it was the unavailing. Has anyone attended one after that? What would or should I expect? I’m debating about the trip with no guest allowed. Now I hear the Bronco release is the same day, I’m hoping if I make this trip they might have some info on that too?
Sponsored

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
I just received confirmation that I have a spot!
Was checking email over lunch earlier this week and luckily saw the email pop up and immediately RSVP’d.
3 days later a confirmation.
Have their been any Track Tours since Vegas?
Anyone else going to Joliet?
I was at a work meeting in Florida this weekend and ended up getting to actually drive a black base car with the handling pack.
I was impressed with the car VERY MUCH, including the DCT.
Cannot wait for Joliet to experience this beast on track!
-J

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
@biminiLX , I’ll probably see you there. That is a good question, have they had another tour since Vegas? I guess I might need to ask about guys that went to a later date GT350 tack tour?

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
That's in my backyard! How does one get an invite to these events?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I think having an engine fail on a brand new vehicle had something to do with JW's. ;-) Kind of a steep price to pay but, if it's true, my hat's off to Ford for going above and beyond the standard repair.

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
That's in my backyard! How does one get an invite to these events?
There is a website where you plead your case that you are an influencer of some ilk. If they like your story, they tell you that you are approved and added to a list.
https://web.cvent.com/event/acdfb9b...-c0e4-43ac-a7ca-81c6cc167c32?RefId=Contact_US

They told me after the big Vegas event, all future events would be regional and those close by on the list will get invites up to some limit.
The last event was at Charlotte in March.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
There is a website where you plead your case that you are an influencer of some ilk. If they like your story, they tell you that you are approved and added to a list.
https://web.cvent.com/event/acdfb9b...-c0e4-43ac-a7ca-81c6cc167c32?RefId=Contact_US

They told me after the big Vegas event, all future events would be regional and those close by on the list will get invites up to some limit.
I hope they don't waste an invite on me. Whats the point? I already ordered the car. However if the spot came down to me or a youtuber, I would go.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I really don’t think that’s the only way.
Other than this forum and SVTP I don’t do anything online, ie no social media.
I did however buy a last gen GT500 and race it at events and go to many events where Ford has a presence.
Definitely looking forward to this!
-J

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@biminiLX , I’ll probably see you there. That is a good question, have they had another tour since Vegas? I guess I might need to ask about guys that went to a later date GT350 tack tour?
Definitely man, I’ll look forward to meeting you in person.
-J

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I hope they don't waste an invite on me. Whats the point? I already ordered the car. However if the spot came down to me or a youtuber, I would go.
Not sure how people are picked for the event. My old co-worker got an invite for Charlotte. He purchased a 17 GT350.

I had purchased a 16 GT350 and just last year a 19 GT350R and no invite.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Not sure how people are picked for the event. My old co-worker got an invite for Charlotte. He purchased a 17 GT350.

I was scheduled to go to the GT350 track tour but had to cancel. Maybe i pissed someone off.... imagine that.

Jim, if you want to go, follow the link in the other post and let them know. I won't, I dont want to and I don't need to go. Come fall and winter I'll be on the track. No point in taking up a spot that someone else can use.

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
@Tomster , I’ve already got my spot reserved. I’m just debating weather the trip is worth me taking a spot? I’ve already got the car, went to the Track Attack in Charlotte, is this going to be anything else? I’ll probably go as it’s so close, I can make a fun day of it, maybe get some cool Ford Performance items and gear!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
@Tomster , I’ve already got my spot reserved. I’m just debating weather the trip is worth me taking a spot? I’ve already got the car, went to the Track Attack in Charlotte, is this going to be anything else? I’ll probably go as it’s so close, I can make a fun day of it, maybe get some cool Ford Performance items and gear!
You should go. Don't let me talk you out of it. IIRC, you don't track. This would be a great opportunity to get back out there.... a follow up to the track attack. Who knows, maybe it will get you into the hobby.

Me? Na,

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

Ford uses multiple avenues to aquire attendence, some are current shelby owners, as they want to get you to buy again, but i got in vegas for a competitive brand market outreach. Actually, id say at least 70% of the people in my run groups , did not nore ever owned a mustang, they had similar cars, camaro's bmw M series, corvettes, vipers etc..

Time piece marketing was who does the competitive side

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Ford uses multiple avenues to aquire attendence, some are current shelby owners, as they want to get you to buy again, but i got in vegas for a competitive brand market outreach. Actually, id say at least 70% of the people in my run groups , did not nore ever owned a mustang, they had similar cars, camaro's bmw M series, corvettes, vipers etc..

Time piece marketing was who does the competitive side
Time Piece Marketing (Scott Black) got me into the last Track Tour for the GT350 in Ga, back in 2016 or 17.
Sponsored