Sponsored

GT500 Track Attack - Impressions

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I think one of the most impressive aspects of this car is the balance. She's a front engine'd fatty, we all know this. But somehow she dances with moves that catch everyone off guard. When that tail wanders off in Track Mode while under duress, this car reels everything back in and begs to be kicked as hard as the throttle will allow. Empty straightaways are pure heaven with this car.

Learning the limits of this car, and with somebody elses car at that, makes owning it that much better. You can't help but smile when you pushed harder than you thought you would. And the car just asks for more. The school gives you this opportunity.
Sponsored

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
I think one of the most impressive aspects of this car is the balance. She's a front engine'd fatty, we all know this. But somehow she dances with moves that catch everyone off guard. When that tail wanders off in Track Mode while under duress, this car reels everything back in and begs to be kicked as hard as the throttle will allow. Empty straightaways are pure heaven with this car.

Learning the limits of this car, and with somebody elses car at that, makes owning it that much better. You can't help but smile when you pushed harder than you thought you would. And the car just asks for more. The school gives you this opportunity.
Well said Tob!

I am into martial arts/MMA... I tell people it is a heavyweight that fights like a middleweight.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Folks who have attended the GT350 Charlotte TA, and now the 500. Was it worth another trip and expenses?

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Folks who have attended the GT350 Charlotte TA, and now the 500. Was it worth another trip and expenses?
I did both back to back days. With that in mind, the 500 TA was 1000x better than the 350 to me. All track (ROVAL and Drag), the 350 had more "exercises", that while great, I enjoyed the 500 TA much more

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I did both back to back days. With that in mind, the 500 TA was 1000x better than the 350 to me. All track (ROVAL and Drag), the 350 had more "exercises", that while great, I enjoyed the 500 TA much more
I like that the GT350 Track Attack actually covered in depth the details needed for someone looking to go to an actual HPDE where the GT500 classroom time was more about what was needed to just get through that day. I wish you had the option to stay on the ROVAL all day.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JCDriller

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerad
Vehicle(s)
97 Cobra, 2001 Saleen, 2003 Cobra, 2020 GT500 CFTP
What does the red caliper signify?

Sponsored

JCDriller

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerad
Vehicle(s)
97 Cobra, 2001 Saleen, 2003 Cobra, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Definitely not for the being the fastest. It's a participation. Your reward for being fast is being able to go faster with your instructor.
So you're telling me I stand a chance! That's a cool piece.