Sponsored

GT500 feels slow. How much power before it loses balance?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
[...] followed closely by the use of 'a' before a word starting with a vowel.
Well, if we're going to get into the weeds on this: the rule is actually a vowel [or consonant] sound, i.e., "This is a universal part" (not "an universal part"), where the 'u' is a 'yoo' sound (so using the consonant sound article even though the word starts with a vowel).

:crazy:
Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
GT500 is a track car.
Slow? Like on the street?
Ehhhh, trade it for a 2.0 sec Tesla maybe?
They also have a 2.1 sec minivan version so you can say "its for the woman".

Now that we have Tesla and some of the engineers in town, there are apparently some sub 1.9 monsters as a new maxed S Plaid owner got all butt hurt that his paper plate new top of line S got walked from a lead...
Problem with EVs is that they're great at full charge, but as it uses the battery, it becomes slower and slower. An ICE vehicle, on the other hand, becomes faster as you use up the fuel (as it gets lighter obviously). I used to always say that if you had a race between a Tesla S and a Mustang GT from NYC to LA with a 2 man team on each vehicle, the Mustang would reach LA first. Why? Obviously even using Tesla Supercharger stations throughout the route, it will still take 3-5 times longer to recharge than to refuel the Mustang (I'm saying this because sometimes you have to wait 15 minutes for the line at a gas station to disappear so you can actually pump gas into your car). It's no contest in that race.

19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2015 4C, 2019 Ducati, 2008 FJ
Vehicle Showcase
Well, if we're going to get into the weeds on this: the rule is actually a vowel [or consonant] sound, i.e., "This is a universal part" (not "an universal part"), where the 'u' is a 'yoo' sound (so using the consonant sound article even though the word starts with a vowel).

:crazy:
Touché...wasn't trying to get TOO far into the weeds but at least a general statement of an often made mistake many of us see.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
@OP Why not go slow, do things incrementally, take time after each [small] change, see how it affects the overall enjoyment/ experience with the car?

For aftermarket, it's fun to enhance the visceral experience (which seems to be what you're chasing), but - for me at least - not at some kind of negative impact of anything/everything else you know, things like loudness (even just drone at cruising highway speeds), special fuel needs, having to run ultra-sticky-don't-get-caught-in-the-rain tires, etc.

Sponsored

DOOM120406

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost - 2004 Ford Ranger Edge

it’s all relative a 2600 whp viper will make anything look slow. At 3:20 you can see a 950 hp gt500 vs 2600 hp. The gt500 is not slow it’s plenty fast, thing is something is always faster.
That viper is amazing

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt

DOOM120406

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost - 2004 Ford Ranger Edge
I have seen some videos of it, forged carbon struts and wings, mental machine, what impressed me the most was the how the tires gripped.

Oh and i after e except after c is no longer taught as it's not as common as once thought.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/i-before-e-except-after-c
The viper sure is a monster. Honestly the ecoboost really surprises me on how well it performs. Especially when mustangs are known for being crowd torpedoes. Maybe its because I have the baby mustang lol 😂

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
The one that gets me is when people used payed instead of paid.
I used to love the hell out of homonym contests. :cool:

Only loosers get payed. But that's a mute point I suppose as they're our a lot of them that make the same airor.
Tob....a masterful job of wordsmithing as always.

And can I get a BIG "AMEN!" on "could care less?" I gave up trying to explain to the wife that she's saying there are things to care less about." But, those of us who wince at things like this grew up in a time when it mattered. I'd say it's pretty clear that texting, among other things, has changed priorities drastically.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
And can I get a BIG "AMEN!" on "could care less?" I gave up trying to explain to the wife that she's saying there are things to care less about." But, those of us who wince at things like this grew up in a time when it mattered. I'd say it's pretty clear that texting, among other things, has changed priorities drastically.
Actually ...

Both "forms" have their place, i.e., "I couldn't care less" and "I could care less", the latter, is more of an ironic word play. As in:

"I care very little, but I could, if I put effort into it, care even less, but it's so unworthy of any care in the first place, I choose to not care just enough to make a point, but not spend that extra energy to reach a place of absolute uncaring [where I couldn't care any less] ..."

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I used to work with a guy that was a little rough around the edges. He boxed for years and built houses on the side. All he did was chase tail in school and maybe wasn't the best English student. So after spending time with him on a few jobs, I got used to his version of our native tongue. He constantly changed words and I'd call him on it every time he eeked one out. He would change one letter or say it differently in some way. Scary part is his logic for doing it a certain way sometimes made sense.

it’s all relative a 2600 whp viper will make anything look slow. At 3:20 you can see a 950 hp gt500 vs 2600 hp. The gt500 is not slow it’s plenty fast, thing is something is always faster.
That was a great video. The guy that owned the car should own that car.
I like this option, but at what point does improving the efficiency of your carbon footprint production tip the balance of the 2020 GT500?
In a state like I live in it tips it all the way to "sorry sir, but you can no longer register the car as it will not pass inspection." But if you're in Florida, or other states that don't have a scheduled emissions inspection test, hell yeah, and a tune from Palm Beach. Not having to worry about a melted cat popping a boosted engine - I am all for it. And I'm fully cognizant that will not make the Gestappo at the EPA as excited as gas at $8 would but I'm not giving up hope.

If you are getting the handling package on a 2021 then you will have the plates installed from the factory.
As much of a gamechanger that the factory adjustable camber plates come installed are, it is not without caveat. First, they don't compare to a plate such as Vorshlags in terms of accuracy, consistency, or ease of use. And second, having to do some disassembly in order to "unlock" the two plates from each other (and thus allow adjustment) gets you a long way towards just going a bit further and adding a better aftermarket plate such what I just mentioned. Don't get me wrong - I'm thankful we get them at all. It's just that I think if you are going to track quite a bit, it makes sense to move to a better plate.

OP
OP
JCDriller

JCDriller

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerad
Vehicle(s)
97 Cobra, 2001 Saleen, 2003 Cobra, 2020 GT500 CFTP
@OP Why not go slow, do things incrementally, take time after each [small] change, see how it affects the overall enjoyment/ experience with the car?

For aftermarket, it's fun to enhance the visceral experience (which seems to be what you're chasing), but - for me at least - not at some kind of negative impact of anything/everything else you know, things like loudness (even just drone at cruising highway speeds), special fuel needs, having to run ultra-sticky-don't-get-caught-in-the-rain tires, etc.
I honestly hate tuning cars remotely. I've done plenty of it and I have never felt comfortable. My plan is to do the modifications I want and ship the car to PBD for tuning on their rollers. I also don't like taking things apart multiple times, just do it once and be done with it.

The more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards the mods below, then let PBD do several tunes. A 91 octane every day tune with a 2.65, E85 tune with the 2.65 and a E85 tune with something smaller for the drag strip. I really don't want to swap pulleys on my daily tunes so maybe 2.85 instead of 2.65, I'll take their recommendation.

Current Plan (could change by tomorrow):

Ngauge
JLT intake
Cat Delete
Kong Ported SC
107mm TB
Smaller pulley
Fuel rails
Bigger injectors
Possibly Whipple intercooler block, lid, larger hoses, etc. I DO NOT want a rear coolant tank.
Sponsored