GT350R Tires

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Viper GT, 2019 GT350R
I'm in New York and want to change the rubber on my R rims, but most places tell me that they won't touch them. I brought them to a shop where they said they have a machine that could, but wasn't very happy about the location/way they changed them (Scrub set put on). I'm going to be swapping them over maybe in the next week or so. Does anybody have a trusted shop in Westchester, if not Putnam, Rockland, or North NJ would be acceptable also.

Everything is appreciated!

2019 Mustang GT350R with Stage 3 blinker fluid installed
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I'm in New York and want to change the rubber on my R rims, but most places tell me that they won't touch them. I brought them to a shop where they said they have a machine that could, but wasn't very happy about the location/way they changed them (Scrub set put on). I'm going to be swapping them over maybe in the next week or so. Does anybody have a trusted shop in Westchester, if not Putnam, Rockland, or North NJ would be acceptable also.

Dannnnnnng, stage 3 huh!?!? I didnā€™t know it went past stage 2. Googling furiously now!!

OP
OP
Whopperman

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Dannnnnnng, stage 3 huh!?!? I didnā€™t know it went past stage 2. Googling furiously now!!
Stage 2 is rookie numbers. I had to get the hole thing rebuilt with forged rings. I wanted to go stage 4, but sadly didn't have the 1,776 gallons of bald eagle piss.. maybe next year

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Don't know where in NY you are, but today I was at the detail shop that did the PPF and ceramic on my car. They work on many high end cars; Lambo, Ferrari, McClaren, Porsche, etc. I asked if they can put my new tires on my car. They said absolutely, and they have all the modern no-touch tire mounting systems.
The place is Detailing Dynamics in Mineola, NY. 516-747-4114 Give them a call and see what they say.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
This has come up before, no such thing as a no touch or touchless machine.
Iā€™d go to your Ford dealership. Iā€™d much rather battle a dealership for the wheel they just ruined than an independent shop.
That shop may very well be great. Itā€™s not the machine, itā€™s the guy operating it. Ask how many carbon wheels theyā€™ve dismounted mounted.
Ask to inspect the wheels before and after they do the job. No surprises when you need a flat repaired and find out the last guy screwed up the inside barrel.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Whopperman

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Don't know where in NY you are, but today I was at the detail shop that did the PPF and ceramic on my car. They work on many high end cars; Lambo, Ferrari, McClaren, Porsche, etc. I asked if they can put my new tires on my car. They said absolutely, and they have all the modern no-touch tire mounting systems.
The place is Detailing Dynamics in Mineola, NY. 516-747-4114 Give them a call and see what they say.
I'll check them out, I thinks that's a bit north of me

OP
OP
Whopperman

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
This has come up before, no such thing as a no touch or touchless machine.
Iā€™d go to your Ford dealership. Iā€™d much rather battle a dealership for the wheel they just ruined than an independent shop.
That shop may very well be great. Itā€™s not the machine, itā€™s the guy operating it. Ask how many carbon wheels theyā€™ve dismounted mounted.
Ask to inspect the wheels before and after they do the job. No surprises when you need a flat repaired and find out the last guy screwed up the inside barrel.
I asked my dealer, mavis, and some other shops to no avail. nobody wants to touch these things sadly. I have some rock chips on the rims and the dealer scratched them doing an oil change and AC compressor. They said they didn't and refused to take ownership of it so I'm in a bind especially with my tires basically bald

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I'll check them out, I thinks that's a bit north of me
Just where are you located in NY? Detailing Dynamics is on Long Island. But if you're in the NYC area, try Dana Ford in Staten Island. They have their own speed shop and do lots of upgrade work on GT350/R cars.

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Just where are you located in NY? Detailing Dynamics is on Long Island. But if you're in the NYC area, try Dana Ford in Staten Island. They have their own speed shop and do lots of upgrade work on GT350/R cars.

Have had my tires changed multiple times perfectly at Torrent Motorsports in Upper Nyack. Heā€™s a Porsche shop but also routinely works on Ferraris, Lambos, Audis. Tico is the owner, they are perfectionists.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Action Tire, Lodi, NJ not far from the GWB.
+1 973-473-2211

Joe, the owner is on the job and watches everything. Lots of experience, sports and celebrity cars, etc, but down to earth. Call him and ask him about your concerns. If he can't help you, he'll steer you in the right direction.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Whopperman

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
I'm in Westchester

OP
OP
Whopperman

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Have had my tires changed multiple times perfectly at Torrent Motorsports in Upper Nyack. Heā€™s a Porsche shop but also routinely works on Ferraris, Lambos, Audis. Tico is the owner, they are perfectionists.
Does he change the R rims for you or do you have a 2nd set he changes?

OP
OP
Whopperman

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Action Tire, Lodi, NJ not far from the GWB.
+1 973-473-2211

Joe, the owner is on the job and watches everything. Lots of experience, sports and celebrity cars, etc, but down to earth. Call him and ask him about your concerns. If he can't help you, he'll steer you in the right direction.
I'll have to give him a call, thank you!

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Does he change the R rims for you or do you have a 2nd set he changes?
Heā€™s pulled the Cup2ā€™s off and put on PS4Sā€˜s. I have a second set for the track that the Cup2ā€™s are on.

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Any Texas guys that know of any shops or dealers in the greater Houston area?
Sponsored