Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
SMH!!!! It's because of the OPG and tha Magn"A"ride LOL It is actually pretty obvious to me why the Voodoo was not used. Development of the 5.2l CPC is crucial as this will be the performance platform moving forward. What better way to develop an engine other than a racetrack? The Voodoo was said to be only used in the GT350 and seems like Ford is keeping true to that. Either way the GT350R/C was kicking ass and taking names last year.

That is all. Lol.
:lol: I knew it wouldn't take you long to see this.

#magnAride4lyfe
#downwitOPG
#koolerklub

OP
OP

ivanuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 Ecoboost, 2016 Mag Trk GT350 On order
Thanks guys for the input, I think im going to go for a Boss 302 and modify. Based on what Matt Farah said in the video with the modified 302 that "This thing will hand a GT350 its ass" That's what I'm going for.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Thanks guys for the input, I think im going to go for a Boss 302 and modify. Based on what Matt Farah said in the video with the modified 302 that "This thing will hand a GT350 its ass" That's what I'm going for.
Of course it will! Until you modify the GT350 and I guarantee the ass handing will be reversed. Apples to Apples.

Last edited:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
:lol: I knew it wouldn't take you long to see this.

#magnAride4lyfe
#downwitOPG
#koolerklub
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

#magnAride4lyfe
#downwitOPG
#koolerklub

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sponsored

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
If you can get that MT82 shifting well then I think you'll be set. That 2-3 shift was the glaring negative owners experience for me.

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
I like driving my Boss more than my GT350, but the GT350 is a significantly easier to drive hard than the Boss... Given the plan to mod the Boss, depreciation etc... The Boss is a solid pick. Good luck.

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
That's true; the 2-3 shift was terrible and the lockout was a huge problem. Consider a clutch/MGW to be mandatory.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
The only positive the Boss has over the GT350 is that's it's cheaper (obviously), but it is also lighter. if you upgrade the boss to two-piece setup all around. It will drop the weight even more. The s197 as a whole is about 150lbs lighter.

I would stick with the boss and just add mods. Not sure a gt350 can get to the weight of the boss, even in the pro race series the gt350 is still heavier.

I over heard a conversation about the GT350R-C needing a new crank after every race, if your going to road race OP, it might be a better idea to race with the more affordable engine replacement.

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
Both are great cars. I traded my 302 for my 359. Honestly wish I could keep both. The Boss with the side pipes has its own unique sound. I did like the rarity of the car, the history behind it. I loved the reflective stripes, tail lights and Grabber Blue of the 13. I love the front end, blaze yellow and the Labuan Secas of the 2012. It is a real good and capable track car. It was amazing to see what the stock car could do on the track at Track Attack with some better brakes and tires, the rest was stock. There are LS models to be had in the mid 30s not tracked if you look hard enough. A 2012 black/red LD just sold at auction for $60K. The 350 is a totally different car and I expect my Track Attack experience will be totally different but as equally rewarding. I do admit the quality issues drive me crazy but I can live with it. Choose wisely but there is no wrong choice. You will love the Boss too.

Sponsored

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
Also reach out to some of the guys on track mustangs online forum, many guys who Track their Bosses hardcore can give you better insight. The shifter does suck, but can be upgraded easily and the Blowfish Racing bracket makes a huge difference by itself or with an MGW shifter.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
The only positive the Boss has over the GT350 is that's it's cheaper (obviously), but it is also lighter. if you upgrade the boss to two-piece setup all around. It will drop the weight even more. The s197 as a whole is about 150lbs lighter.

I would stick with the boss and just add mods. Not sure a gt350 can get to the weight of the boss, even in the pro race series the gt350 is still heavier.

I over heard a conversation about the GT350R-C needing a new crank after every race, if your going to road race OP, it might be a better idea to race with the more affordable engine replacement.
Hmm Any source for the new crank after every race that sounds suspect

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
You got to ask yourself why ford went with the 5.2 CPC in the 2017 conti series ? The voodoo was grandfathered in for the 2017 conti series. Go with the Boss and maybe save some money. They are both great cars.
Mainly due to component failures of items attached to the engine itself, all of which can be attributed to the vibrations associated with the fpc. It's one of those instances where just because you don't see it happening doesn't mean it was not happening.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Hmm Any source for the new crank after every race that sounds suspect
Haven't heard that, but did hear transmissions and components attached to the engine literally snapping off was an issue. The dual mass clutch/flywheel likely takes a lot of those vibrations out of the path of the transmission, that particular setup was likely not used in favor of a race oriented clutch (pure speculation) so likely why trans issues were present.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
After owning an S197 that I loved, loved...

Sorry I'd never go back to one after experiencing the GT350 ... they are just worlds apart

Mods can't overcome the physical properties of the car - it's a live axle old school car.
Sponsored