Sponsored

Everyday Driver GT350 vs Boss 302

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
Thanks for confirming the above and great idea you had about removing the resonators which is similar to the "R" models!

Did you notice a big improvement in sound after removal of the resonators or was it not that much different?:shrug:

Would you recommend for others to do the same and any downside to the removal of the resonators?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I am a big fan of removing the resonators, big difference. Much raspier. I would recommend it to others if they like a seriously loud exhaust. Being 28, I don't mind it being crazy loud. Having said that, the stock exhaust sounds great and is quite loud - if you don't want to attract too much attention when you hit the fun pedal, I'd leave it stock.
Sponsored

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Awesome article! That is pretty cool you offered up both of your cars for them to do this test. Very cool.

I agree on the resonators being removed, I thought it was pretty loud at first now I would never go back.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
That would be very interesting for sure. We are currently hunting for a Focus RS. If you or anyone else reading this would like to offer up cars for us to use please use this link:
http://www.everydaydriver.com/#!contact/sb121

We are actually based in Park City, UT but travel around as necessary.
I actually live near fuhrius if you want to throw a Tech Pack GT350 against his "un-civilized" GT350R ;)

Plenty of backroad goodness around here too. :thumbsup:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42101

OP
OP

Phattyhales

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor

Sponsored

OP
OP

Phattyhales

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang
it gets a lot of use from 'enthusiasts' ;-)
I bet! We have a few roads like that here. Fortunately one of our local favorites is relatively unknown by enthusiasts. The road we filmed on in out there was pretty dead. The owner didn't even know about it.

MrBillton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 LS, 2018 Charger Scat Pack
I figured you guys might be based in the bay area since you did the shoot in the east bay.
I'm a fan of the show.
I have a nicely-modded boss and a no-electronics GT350R so the comparo comments resonated. (no punn intended)
If you guys want to do a GT350R piece (again, a no-electronics) car, I would be willing to let you use mine. My Focus RS should be here in a few weeks too...GT350R vs Focus RS could be a fun one.
I have a Laguna Seca Boss in the Bay Area all stock minus Corsa mufflers...a Boss LS to this guy's 350r comparison could be neat.

StevRuby15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red 3.7L 051A package 6sp
Its funny I saw the video yesterday on YouTube then I see it on here. Awesome vid guys. Makes wish I can trade up. But still building up my credit. My 15 v6 is my first car loan

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
I wouldnt waste my money on a gt350. Its a wonderful car but i can have more cubes (5 2) cheaper. Also dont need/want a fpc. But everyone knows historicallythe gt350 is for corners. I was only stating a lot of people still dont want irs in their mustangs. I am one of those people.

Quality and chassis stability is subjective. Not everyone wants a mustang for going after corners. :cheers: i personally prefer the boss but think the gt350 looks better.
HA HA HA WTF

GT2344

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic Silver HP/TP
Thank you for the great video and review.

On a side note: is the GT350 a track pack, because it looks like it has a tech pack spoiler?

Sponsored

MrWrestlingII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 GTO, 15 Accord Coupe 6-6
Great video and write-up. I would like to see the same head-to-head match up between a 350TP and Z/28. They are comparably priced with a few new Z's still out there. The Motor Trend shootout is a fun video but that's an R going against the Z, would be fun to see how the 350TP compares.

OP
OP

Phattyhales

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang
Thank you for the great video and review.

On a side note: is the GT350 a track pack, because it looks like it has a tech pack spoiler?
This car was neither. It was the base version, no Track Pack, no Tech Pack.

Great video and write-up. I would like to see the same head-to-head match up between a 350TP and Z/28. They are comparably priced with a few new Z's still out there. The Motor Trend shootout is a fun video but that's an R going against the Z, would be fun to see how the 350TP compares.
They did a separate review of a GT350. Don't recall if it was the Track or Tech though. They shot them at the same time at the same track so you can compare numbers at the very least but as we like to say, you cant drive a spec sheet.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
ill have to watch this when i get home

Agentofchaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 302 Boss racing red.2016 350 Black with Blue
I still own both .2013 boss and 2016 350. Yea 350 better but with red key in the 302 sounds better to me.
Sponsored