Gray Area GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2013 Boss 302
That is badass Brad......and mean.....LOL..........Jealous
Thanks Mark. I did the opposite of what you want to do. I came across this Boss and couldn't pass it up and I am obsessed with the race styling of the Boss. It started out simple enough a little more than a year ago.

IMG_5443[5295].jpg

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I had a 12 Race Red with black Boss. LOVED that car. I took it in for an oil change and left the dealership that day in a 14 Ruby Red with black stripes GT500. Flatout the biggest regret today was leaving that Boss behind for that GT500. I was charmed by the allure of the power and the color Ruby Red instantly. The regret specifically was that I left the more fun, rewarding, better handling, better sounding, car behind. Having said all this, I am so thankful that Ford built the GT350/R. I without a doubt would NOT have regretted moving from my Boss to my R. If there wasn't a GT350/R, I'd be back in the lowest mile Boss I could find. Now, I don't need to do that. The R is raw perfection.

whitestang5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I had a 2012 302, went to a 17 350, The brakes on the 350 and trans as others have said, are much better, driving experience for me itā€™s a dead heat, I would actually purchase another boss if I could find the right one. The trans was my only hate of the 302.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I was very fortunate to own numerous 2012/2013 Boss 302 cars with many of them being an LS model but trying to compare a second generation Boss 302 with a second generation GT350 is very difficult as they are like day and night but both very cool in each of their own ways.

The attached picture shows 3 of my Pilot Production Boss 302's along with my Black/Blue 2015 GT350 with the other two cars belonging to two good friends of mine.

Collectively I owned PP0001, PP0002 and PP0004 for a total of ~15 years and put a total of ~6000 miles on those 3 cars.

I sold the two White Boss cars to two very close friends of mine who still have them to this day. PP0001 is the Black LS car and went to a collector in Austin, Texas.

Some of the very cool features that you are obviously well aware of with your Boss car is the quad exhaust, TracKey, live axle and of course the outstanding low end torque of the 7,500 RPM Coyote engine that was built in Canada.

The low end torque between the two cars certainly goes to the Boss 302 whereas braking, handling and steering obviously goes to the GT350.

Then again Ford had an additional 5 years of overall development for the GT350 versus the Boss 302 cars and FP did a terrific job with the improvements on the GT350.

Personally I found the fit, finish and build quality on my Boss 302 cars was a little better than my GT350 cars therefore something to consider if you purchase a GT350.

I certainly miss my Boss 302 cars a great deal and would suggest that you somehow need to come up with a plan to keep your 2013 Boss 302 but also come up with a plan in order to secure a GT350 as well.

Don't envy your decision but can tell you from experience that I made a mistake by letting all of my Boss 302 cars go but also very happy to say that I am in love with my GT350 cars as well.

Good luck!!

DSCF1517.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP

mjscc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302, GMC Yukon
Thank you to all the Forum members for there input on this post. It's been extremely helpful and sincerely appreciated. Conclusion: Keeping the Boss and buying a GT350 to keep it company. Thanks Guys

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Though I love my pristine 13' Boss I'm considering selling it to purchase a GT350. For those of you on this forum that own a GT350 and owned a Boss at one time what are your thoughts. Would love to have both but garage space is at a premium. Car would not be tracked. Thanks for your time and input.
I did exactly what you are considering a few years back. No regrets at all, the 350 is a superior car in every way! I would suggest purchasing a 2019+ up model. Problem I have now is I want more power. Do I add a Whipple or move up to a GT500.

OP
OP

mjscc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302, GMC Yukon
I see your point and I totally understand these are two different animals. Sometimes it comes down to the dollars, and my personal budget. If I sold the Boss I could swing a new one, or keep the Boss and by a relatively low mile 16 or 17. I just love the idea of having both.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I see your point and I totally understand these are two different animals. Sometimes it comes down to the dollars, and my personal budget. If I sold the Boss I could swing a new one, or keep the Boss and by a relatively low mile 16 or 17. I just love the idea of having both.
Terrific decision to keep your Boss 302! :clap:

Having said that now it is just a matter of time before you are in a financial/logistical position in order to find a pristine GT350 that checks all of your boxes therefore very happy to hear that you will eventually have both outstanding Blue Oval Pony Cars in your stable.

:like: :like:

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Ugh, this post is so near and dear to my heart! @PP0001 and I can both under the dilemma you are in.

1st off, I had a 2013 PP car (PP008) and let me say, that GHIG B302 was one of the best all-around Mustangs I have ever had. I loved that car and was a fool to have sold it. But, it went back to the previous owner who will make sure itā€™s well taken care of. I sold it to purchase my ā€˜16 GT350R (GR064). While the B302 was absolutely a great car, the R surpassed it in everything but fit-n-finish. Otherwise, there was no comparo, save for the exhaust note which I equate both as the best sounding Mustangs ever. I sold my ā€˜16R due to a family crisis, and regretted it, but had no choice.

Once I was able to invest in a Mustang again, instead of purchasing a new GT350 I found an immaculate ā€˜12 B302. That car was phenomenal, but I wanted a car I could track and cruise with and after looking at the upgrades I would have to make to the B302 to get it ā€œnearā€ the performance of a GT350, it would have been ridiculous to invest in that while trying to achieve what the 350 does day-in and day-out. The driveability of the car on rural roads wouldā€™ve suffered as well and I wouldā€™ve never gotten back my investment in the mods... so, I started looking for a 350 again.

After considering the lot of 350 choices, I settled on a HEP R and PP0001, as always, was available to help. I was able to secure a HEP R and have been absolutely thrilled with my choice since the day I drove her home.

The differences between the ā€˜16R and the ā€˜20R are not night-and-day, but they are enough that I can appreciate the refinements Ford made to the GT350R in a 6-year run. I am so very thankful for the opportunity to have this ā€˜20 HEP R, and I absolutely donā€™t look back to the prior B302s I had. Yeah, the B302 burble is intoxicating, but the sound of the R is exotic and just as intoxicating, if not more. The ability to drive this car in the city, on the rural back roads and then take it to the track and click off numbers the B302 canā€™t without significant mods that would hinder its civilian duties is remarkably attractive to me.

I certainly hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP

mjscc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302, GMC Yukon
I truly love all the input guys and I thank you for it. It sounds like most of you guys track your cars and I know that's what the GT350 is made for. Please don't crucify me as I am using the car 95% of the time just taking drives in the country and maybe a couple track days a year. I'm with you on the sound of a GT350 though.....AMAZING. My Boss has Borla ATAK cat-backs and with the red key active it sounds pretty damn nice.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
I was very fortunate to own numerous 2012/2013 Boss 302 cars with many of them being an LS model but trying to compare a second generation Boss 302 with a second generation GT350 is very difficult as they are like day and night but both very cool in each of their own ways.

The attached picture shows 3 of my Pilot Production Boss 302's along with my Black/Blue 2015 GT350 with the other two cars belonging to two good friends of mine.

Collectively I owned PP0001, PP0002 and PP0004 for a total of ~15 years and put a total of ~6000 miles on those 3 cars.

I sold the two White Boss cars to two very close friends of mine who still have them to this day. PP0001 is the Black LS car and went to a collector in Austin, Texas.

Some of the very cool features that you are obviously well aware of with your Boss car is the quad exhaust, TracKey, live axle and of course the outstanding low end torque of the 7,500 RPM Coyote engine that was built in Canada.

The low end torque between the two cars certainly goes to the Boss 302 whereas braking, handling and steering obviously goes to the GT350.

Then again Ford had an additional 5 years of overall development for the GT350 versus the Boss 302 cars and FP did a terrific job with the improvements on the GT350.

Personally I found the fit, finish and build quality on my Boss 302 cars was a little better than my GT350 cars therefore something to consider if you purchase a GT350.

I certainly miss my Boss 302 cars a great deal and would suggest that you somehow need to come up with a plan to keep your 2013 Boss 302 but also come up with a plan in order to secure a GT350 as well.

Don't envy your decision but can tell you from experience that I made a mistake by letting all of my Boss 302 cars go but also very happy to say that I am in love with my GT350 cars as well.

Good luck!!

DSCF1517.JPG
My Shelby Friend. It just came to me that your pre production Boss mustangs went through Diversified systems technologies (DST as per the msrp destination) for a $40-$100,000 panel fit 7 stage operation and extra clear cost to finish them to the shows for Ford motor company . And if Iā€™m not wrong youā€™re GT 350 is a production vehicle with Fordā€™s build quality? Iā€™m thinking my preproduction GT350R would have as good a fit and finish as your pre production Boos 302ā€™s had ?? I hope you and yours are healthy and safe Thru these times . Sorry I couldnā€™t make it to the Ford show with you in October in Arizona. Jim PP011

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
I didnā€™t have a GT350 but I just sold my 2016 GT to get into a 2013 Boss LS in black. Certainly the creature comforts are much better in the S550. I forget half the time that I need the key to turn the car on. But the driving experience is unmatched. Plus the exclusivity of the boss is awesome. You never see any real Bosses driving around, just people with cheap decals.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
My Thinking is the boss to go to as a special milestone mustang. And if you can experience one at a time that would be awesome because it would take a lot of money to experience and have all at the same time.
Sponsored