OP

2020VUDU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
The springs are correct, it's the swaybar configuration I'd consider changing.

I'm looking to move to their dual rate springs and the competition bar and their front swaybar setup this season instead of the Ford Racing setup I have on the car currently.
I already installed the damn sway bar. Don’t feel like losing more money.
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I for one am very curious to hear about those springs, especially the rear. The rates on that rear spring are astronomically high.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Tb8983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
What made you go with Steeda over BMR, white line, or Ford performance?
I have had 3 s550 chassis and I have been a avid steeda customer since my foxbody days. But with that being said I do have BMR product on my GT350 as well as steeda. I currently have the steeda vertical links, jacking rails, IRS bushing support system, irs braces and the BMR g-trac brace( i wasn't a fan of the steeda 2 point one). I have Steeda dual rate springs, sway bars with the upgraded mounts, end links that I will but on the car after my trip to Hawaii. Just those couple items that I have on the gt350 now have made a difference. I don't track it yet but very aggressive driving and there is a difference.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I for one am very curious to hear about those springs, especially the rear. The rates on that rear spring are astronomically high.
They really aren't when you look at other GT350/Magneride based "handling" springs as opposed to street lowering springs.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Our Director of Marketing - Chris C is instrumental in testing most of the springs and combos for the GT350 - as he owns one.

If you ever need to chat - he can be reached at 1800 950 0774.

TJ

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I did the full complement of Steeda products on my GT350. Great stuff all around. Really transformed the car. Only issue I had was with the dual rate springs. Not sure if I got a COVID batch but they didn't sit right. After a few attempts to resolve a clunk we found the fronts had eaten the spring perches (probably not the right name). Ended up swapping out for Ford Performance.

OP
OP

2020VUDU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I did the full complement of Steeda products on my GT350. Great stuff all around. Really transformed the car. Only issue I had was with the dual rate springs. Not sure if I got a COVID batch but they didn't sit right. After a few attempts to resolve a clunk we found the fronts had eaten the spring perches (probably not the right name). Ended up swapping out for Ford Performance.
I hope that’s not going to be my case. Right now, I’m still running on stock springs, and I’m really enjoying Steeda other suspension mods. To be honest, I’m a bit afraid to take corners at higher speeds on Nitto G2 tire with current setup.

Last edited:

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
And btw - I'm sure that Steeda would have made things right for me but I was in a bind time-wise as I was due to be on track the following day and my mechanic luckily keeps a bunch of Steeda and FP parts on hand in his shop so I just had him swap them out and went with it.

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
And btw - I'm sure that Steeda would have made things right for me but I was in a bind time-wise as I was due to be on track the following day and my mechanic luckily keeps a bunch of Steeda and FP parts on hand in his shop so I just had him swap them out and went with it.
How do the FP springs feel compared to stock ?
Were they the M-5300-W ?

Sponsored
OP
OP

2020VUDU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
After installing all my parts, minus the springs, camber plates and alignment kit, I can corner harder than before. It’s definitely worth upgrading all these bits. Issue now; tires can’t handle that much power. Then again, I’m riding on Nitto’s, and not Cup 2s.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Boom - that is what we love to hear! We can help with those tires too :)
Sponsored