Swaybar pairing for 555 1034

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Love seeing the constant development snd release of the new 555 1034 rear sway bar, but none of your notes discuss what front bar to pair it with nor is their a kit that seems to include this rear bar.

I'm looking to change out from my Ford Racing spring and swaybar set to the Steeda Dual Rate Ultimate Handling springs but I know the Ford rear bar will be way too stiff foe the new springs.

Should I leave the Ford Racing front bar?
Is there an option to buy just the front bar from your kit?
Or an option to have the competition rear bar sold in place of the standard rear bar in the kit you do offer currently?
Sponsored

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Kyle,

I spoke to our development team & provided your feedback, here is the feedback I received:

The rear comp bar was developed using our current adjustable front bar. If a customer is wanting to change to our dual rate springs and the comp rear bar, I would suggest using our front bar.

Ford performance’s front bar will be too stiff for our springs, this will be made worse using it with our comp rear bar. This combination will result in an understeer condition.

Using our bars and springs as a package, with proper alignment setup, will result in a well-balanced, very drivable car under more track conditions.

Let me know if I can help assist put you in contact with our team & they can discuss further with you - thank you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
mavisky

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Hello Kyle,

I spoke to our development team & provided your feedback, here is the feedback I received:

The rear comp bar was developed using our current adjustable front bar. If a customer is wanting to change to our dual rate springs and the comp rear bar, I would suggest using our front bar.

Ford performance’s front bar will be too stiff for our springs, this will be made worse using it with our comp rear bar. This combination will result in an understeer condition.

Using our bars and springs as a package, with proper alignment setup, will result in a well-balanced, very drivable car under more track conditions.

Let me know if I can help assist put you in contact with our team & they can discuss further with you - thank you!
TJ,

That was kind of what I assumed. I think the issue is that on your site currently, the adjustable front swaybar 555-1015 is only listed if you go to the 2015-2022 category and not under the GT350 specific category. I simply wasn't seeing it available as a standalone option.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-front-sway-bar-2015-555-1015.html

It would be awesome to have an option to take your complete 555-1014 kit and simply have a drop down to select which rear bar you want or a separate kit containing all the endlinks (maybe even the optional billet swaybar mounts if they still fit the new lighter rear bar) containing the "ultimate handling combo". Possibly even a full setup containing the bar, links, mounts, and the dual rate ultimate handling springs as a package for the GT350.

Something to think about. Thanks for the quick feedback. I'll be placing the orders this off-season through one of your local dealers.

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I have your feedback into your internal team - every little bit helps.

Thank you for the feedback!

TJ
Sponsored