Sponsored

GT350 intake w/o headers

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Dude relax, you, as I did, discovered the available inventory by using the FORD inventory website, NOT Tasca or any other satellite dealer site. Now suddenly we are to ignore the original source of finding the inventory and assume its in stock at all these places. Like I said, called Tasca last week (didn't ask for Steve) and gave them the part number, said nope, not in stock, could place the order for me but no ETA and would not charge my card until it was back in stock.

Willing to try again.
False, I used OEConnection which isn't software available to the general public
Sponsored

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
False, I used OEConnection which isn't software available to the general public
Got it, is it different than what Mike would be looking at from his seat at Tasca? What do you see as of today available?

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Just called Tasca, spoke to Mike...

"None in stock, none in transit, none sitting anywhere he can see. Always been up on the website, never taken it down even when out of stock. Call back in a few weeks."

So pretty sure this is where I say WTF?
Funny thing this isn't even for my personal car, I already have a GT350 intake manifold, I wrench and tune as a side business, and two customers are also members on here, have seen the threads posted about the new part number and manifold, and wanted to see if I would do the install and tune for them.

Whelp I was made to look like an idiot as they followed along me being told repeatedly its available and I am incompetent on this and the other thread, as I would call and try to order and to no avail, had too tell them both on backorder, told them to call themselves but haven't touched base with them in a few weeks.
Fair point, but I continue to have issues with being repeatedly told its available, im going about it the wrong way, ignore the ford parts website, etc etc etc.

Twice inside of two weeks I have called and been told both times this item is not in stock and will not be for the foreseeable future, and I cannot place an order at this time. I was told if I ordered blindly on the website my card would not be charged and I would receive an email from Tasca informing me they have cancelled my order for now until the item is back in stock.

No clue who Mike is, that's why I always advise people call Steve, anyway, as of this instant there are 13 in stock around the country and that's using the the same software any Ford parts person should be using.

Witj85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Base 6spd in Shadow Black
I just ordered one through Tascas website, so I'll be finding out shortly if they have them I'm sure.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I just ordered one through Tascas website, so I'll be finding out shortly if they have them I'm sure.
If they reject it call Mike R. at [MENTION=17997]fordsvtparts[/MENTION] and see what he can do for you. There aren't any in the national warehouses.But he is a great parts guy and may be able to use one of the other tools available.

Sponsored

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Thanks guys, thanks for being patient and providing me info

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
If they reject it call Mike R. at [MENTION=17997]fordsvtparts[/MENTION] and see what he can do for you. There aren't any in the national warehouses.But he is a great parts guy and may be able to use one of the other tools available.
I just called Mike at WBL and placed my order for the intake. They have 3 (now 2) of these in stock ready to ship.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I've just switched over to AED with the 350 setup, oh my this car has never drove so good, not only that he told me to put the 350 TB back on and guaranteed it would drive like a stock car and it does, super smooth and not touchy any more.

Not only that within 24hr of sending him the money, he sent me base file, I logged it and informed him how smooth it was. He then sent me performance file and it feels just as strong as Lund but with much nicer smoother.

I said only issue was I like the rev hang (shift assist) on the manual, so he re-enabled it. Shaun is super responsive, best service and super quick. I gave him a go because he ran the 350 setup on his personal car and I guess as such is why his tune is the best of all the 350 tunes I tried, super smooth.

mikeD4V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Mine is shipping out tomorrow. Ordered from Levittown. Ask them for the discount code and it's within a few dollars of Tasca. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
I've just switched over to AED with the 350 setup, oh my this car has never drove so good, not only that he told me to put the 350 TB back on and guaranteed it would drive like a stock car and it does, super smooth and not touchy any more.

Not only that within 24hr of sending him the money, he sent me base file, I logged it and informed him how smooth it was. He then sent me performance file and it feels just as strong as Lund but with much nicer smoother.

I said only issue was I like the rev hang (shift assist) on the manual, so he re-enabled it. Shaun is super responsive, best service and super quick. I gave him a go because he ran the 350 setup on his personal car and I guess as such is why his tune is the best of all the 350 tunes I tried, super smooth.
What tuning interface are you using to upload and log for AED?

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
What tuning interface are you using to upload and log for AED?
SCT X4, though AED is a bit more expensive than Lund, at AED its Shaun the owner doing your tune and trust me I worked with Lund and they were also great and though they sorted the throttle response out to an extent for me it was never like stock, yes I like lazy smooth throttle and I know many here love the super responsive and sensitive throttle the Lund tunes give but for me it was a no and even after speaking directly with JonSR who really made it better I still reverted to the stock TB and had him do what he can, but even that was not perfect though good.

Shaun from AED sent me base file, car drove just like stock, more impressive the fact this was now using 350 TB. It just felt slow, he said logs good and sent performance file, car feels strong, I'd not say its any quicker, I'd not say its any slower but it drives so much nicer. Only gripe was I like the shift assist rev hang stock car has, I asked and he coded it back in, car drives beautiful.

The impressive thing is I paid around 10pm UK time last night, I had my base file by midnight, two hours later directly from Shaun. I loaded it lunch time UK, sent him logs, by 4pm I had my performance file. I logged it and requested rev hang back, within 2 hours he'd adjusted the tune and sent it.

The turn around time and response is amazing, but the best part is just the car finally drives perfect but like I said Shaun had this setup on his personal A6 car so I guess he had days/weeks/months to perfect every aspect of the tune, I think he ran 10's at around 122mph so quite quick.

I know he is now on cobrajet setup and has run around 10.5@124mph so he clearly quite talented but at the same time also makes the car drive super smooth and like stock, just how I like. :)

OP
OP
CEHollier

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

Was your car tuned prior to installing the GT 350 manifold? What all did you do? Mani, tune, 47# injectors? Do you have cats? Thanks man.

fordsvtparts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang parts!
Thanks for the order! I was looking on our version of the Ford website, and they're indeed on backorder. We've got a couple left, as well as Tasca and Levittown.

I do find it surprising how aggressive everyone has been with these intakes. I'm willing to sell these for around the same price as the other guys. Let me know if you have any questions :)

-Mike R

Witj85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Base 6spd in Shadow Black
Well Tasca doesn't appear to have any. Order was refunded this morning.
Sponsored