Sponsored

GT350 Intake Manifold w/ Stock airbox

Smoke92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Hey guys, now that my car 2015 GT PP is finally paid off I'd like to do some more mods to it. I'm leaning heavily towards doing the GT350 intake manifold & a tune (not sure which tuner yet). I have the velossatech air inlet, K&N filter in the stock box, and an AEM no tune intake tube on the car already. I really like the functionality of the closed box setup and the low IAT's it gives. My question was, when switching to a GT350 intake manifold does keeping the stock airbox become a restriction? Also, I might do the ford power pack 3 but wondering if I can just leave the stock closed box intake on it. I don't think there is a big difference between the two once your moving but I would prefer to keep my stock air box if I can. Thanks guys.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Consider the 18+ OEM mani and CAI. Proven power and keeps iats down.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
I would agree with Bryan, I would personally swap to possibly a ported 18 manifold and pick up a JLT or a PMAS intake. for the price difference, you will be making more power for cheaper. Hit me up if you have any questions or would like to see what we can do for you. Lethalperformance.com

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
You can't do any of the Ford Power Packs and change things up, the tunes are specifically designed for those intakes and running anything else will not work.

The GT350 OEM intake (that comes in the Ford Power Packs) is pretty decent at keeping IATs down. Not nearly to the level of the GT sealed boxes, but it doesn't get anywhere as hot as most aftermarket hot air intakes.

If you must stay with a stock sealed box, it has been shown that the 18+ CAI makes just as much power as any other aftermarket intake while being 100% sealed from the engine bay heat and keeping temps as low as possible.

OP
OP

Smoke92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Thanks guys, that gives me some good options to consider.

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
Keep the lock outs on the 18 manifold.
Sponsored