Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
You go get another one the same way as the first next time you want to use it.
ok cool, didn't know if you could do that thanks! I have until Aug 12 so still have time.
Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I just want to point out again that the Engine Sound Enhancement AKA Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) defeat that is listed in the GT350 spreadsheet is wrong.

For example, the lines in that spreadsheet for the 2017 Convenience Pack are stated like this:

ACM 727-01-01 1850 F000 44CC ANC disabled
ACM 727-01-01 1850 FA00 44D6 ANC enabled

Which would be better represented as this:

ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx ANC disabled
ACM 727-01-01 xxxx xAxx xxxx ANC enabled

But this is wrong. Putting a 0 in place of an A in that position doesn't just tell the ACM to turn off ANC, it also tells the ACM that the front tweeters are absent.

The correct value in place of an A is actually 8. That disables ANC and leaves everything else alone.

So the correct listing for that would be:

ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x8xx xxxx ANC disabled

This is confirmed on my 2017 GT350 Tech Pack car.

Further, a more thorough defeat may also include:

ACM 727-01-02 xx00 xx ANC disabled
ACM 727-01-02 xx88 xx ANC enabled

Those lines appear to control the mixing by channel of the noise control.

And as it happens, if you do both of those, the as-built in your ACM will be identical to a similarly equipped GT's as-built, which comes from the factory with no ANC.

rambunctious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A 50's hotrod, 2011 Diesel Superduty
Thanks Spart for this update

I am working on some audio technology for the mustang and continue to research this topic.

It is my understanding that ANC (Active noise cancellation) and ESE (Engine sound enhancement) are separate features and independent of each other.

Noise cancellation is needed for the ecoboost engine as the harmonics of the 4 cylinder at low RPM resonate the body and cause a drone inside the cabin, which is cancelled by the ANC signal. GT's (and I assume GT350's) - (ie V8's) do not need this.

ESE (Engine sound enhancement) is added to the Ecoboost and the GT350 to create the signature sound Ford desires in the cabin for these two vehicles. These tunes are of course different for these two vehicles. Certain frequencies are added to suplement the existing exhaust tone of each.

So I am still researching, assume, and am curious what are the proper codes to enable/disable each of these independently.

my two cents for what it's worth (guess that would be $0.02) :shrug:
I will keep researching.

Ramb

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Thanks Spart for this update

I am working on some audio technology for the mustang and continue to research this topic.

It is my understanding that ANC (Active noise cancellation) and ESE (Engine sound enhancement) are separate features and independent of each other.

Noise cancellation is needed for the ecoboost engine as the harmonics of the 4 cylinder at low RPM resonate the body and cause a drone inside the cabin, which is cancelled by the ANC signal. GT's (and I assume GT350's) - (ie V8's) do not need this.

ESE (Engine sound enhancement) is added to the Ecoboost and the GT350 to create the signature sound Ford desires in the cabin for these two vehicles. These tunes are of course different for these two vehicles. Certain frequencies are added to suplement the existing exhaust tone of each.

So I am still researching, assume, and am curious what are the proper codes to enable/disable each of these independently.

my two cents for what it's worth (guess that would be $0.02) :shrug:
I will keep researching.

Ramb
I saw a screenshot in IDS that seemed to indicate that they can be disabled independently as well. I'm just not sure how that jives with the as-built.

If anyone with IDS access can test the options and report back on what changed in the as-built we could probably figure out if they really can be disabled independently of each other.

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
I just want to point out again that the Engine Sound Enhancement AKA Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) defeat that is listed in the GT350 spreadsheet is wrong.

For example, the lines in that spreadsheet for the 2017 Convenience Pack are stated like this:

ACM 727-01-01 1850 F000 44CC ANC disabled
ACM 727-01-01 1850 FA00 44D6 ANC enabled

Which would be better represented as this:

ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx ANC disabled

But this is wrong. Putting a 0 in place of an A in that position doesn't just tell the ACM to turn off ANC, it also tells the ACM that the front tweeters are absent.

The correct value in place of an A is actually 8. That disables ANC and leaves everything else alone.

So the correct listing for that would be:

ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x8xx xxxx ANC disabled

This is confirmed on my 2017 GT350 Tech Pack car.

Further, a more thorough defeat may also include:

ACM 727-01-02 xx00 xx ANC disabled
ACM 727-01-02 xx88 xx ANC enabled

Those lines appear to control the mixing by channel of the noise control.

And as it happens, if you do both of those, the as-built in your ACM will be identical to a similarly equipped GT's as-built, which comes from the factory with no ANC.
going to give this a shot on my conv' package '17 and see if it produces similar results. The feedback from the speakers is the main reason I haven't messed with the sound system on the new 350. The old one, the feedback just got so much louder with an aftermarket system involved.

Sponsored

Teuton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Voodoo 5.2

Ramb
I want to disable the ESE on my GT350 - no need for extra fake noise! I will watch this thread in hopes that someone finds a ways to do this.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I want to disable the ESE on my GT350 - no need for extra fake noise! I will watch this thread in hopes that someone finds a ways to do this.
yes. and it seems totally lame Ford would use a gimmick such as this...

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
yes, but BMW, Porche, and Mercedes have set the precedent. now Cadillac, others etc.........
I guess everyone caves to marketing tactics these days.

Skrappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
Even $150k cars do it. It is now the new norm, especially with interiors being so quiet now, for some cars it is almost a safety issue, you couldn't hear how the engine was running otherwise.

I don't like it, and I programmed it out of mine, but I don't hate that they do it, I get that for many it is what they want, even if I don't.

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
yes. and it seems totally lame Ford would use a gimmick such as this...
While I agree, I can barely tell a difference with it disabled. Might even be placebo. I genuinely think they did it for NVH reasons, primarily when the exhaust valves are closed. When they're open, the exhaust overwhelms anything they might be doing.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I believe if you follow my instructions, it will be disabled. As I mentioned, your ACM as-built is identical to a similarly equipped 5.0 at that point, and those cars do not use ESE or ANC.

REAZO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I haven't been on the forum in quite a while. Actually sold my GT350. I used ForScan to deactivate the exhaust sound pumped into the speakers. I also changed the cobra (at start up) to red like on the GT350R. For me, it made a TON of difference turning of the fake sound, but my situation was a little unique.

I had upgraded the speakers and professionally put in an amplifier to help the awful stereo. The stock stereo was one of the worst I have seen in a new car in a very long time. (2016 Tech Pack). When I upgraded the stereo, it amplified the pumped in exhaust noise. It was awful. Ford uses the "amp load" to determine when the noise is pumped, so I found that it wasn't even timed correctly. I just had the horrible fake and loud exhaust noise coming from the speakers. I can't even describe how bad it was.

The ForScan deleted it and it sounded as God intended. Beautiful.

I miss that car regularly. May get another one in the next year or so.

Good luck. Somewhere in this thread are the instructions I used. I'd post them but gave the print out away to the new owner.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Without going through all 54 pages, are there links to the software and the device itself?

Skrappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
I had the same problem. With the stock stereo, I didn't mind the sound, it is very subtle. But after I put in aftermarket amps and speakers it was unbearable.
Sponsored