Sponsored

kratty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'56 Victoria, Tahoe, '16 GT350
My dealer said they're taking $5000 deposits for the GT350 to get in line for one when they get them. When I asked for a price, he said probably around mid 50s sticker and he was sure they would be adding their typical $20K adjustment.
How is this in any way acceptable?
Sponsored

Tom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daily Driver
My dealer said they're taking $5000 deposits for the GT350 to get in line for one when they get them. When I asked for a price, he said probably around mid 50s sticker and he was sure they would be adding their typical $20K adjustment.
That's crazy for a deposit on a car, and ya don't even know what price, Ford's going to sell them for. Around 50k could mean anything.. And that 20k ADM over sticker price , oh hell no. Like other's have said , get another dealer.(Run, Run now get your money back). I would go out of state if needed. :tsk:

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I think it partially comes down to the fact there isn't enough information about the car, and what it takes to get one.

I didn't see this thread prior to going to the dealer with regards to the enrollment fee amount. As the dealer mentioned this to me, however not a number. So as I said before he started with limited number, high demand, we have to make our money back on the fee to enroll blah blah.

He was was a mustang guy, he knew I was. I told him from what Ford has said that the production numbers would be similar to the GT500. He immediately recanted and said if that is the case there likely won't be a ADM.

They are getting 4 GT350's as of now IIRC. I wouldn't pay and ADM but, I would pay $250 dollars of "my" cars share of the annual 1000 dollar enrollment fee.

Carguy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1LE
That's crazy for a deposit on a car, and ya don't even know what price, Ford's going to sell them for. Around 50k could mean anything.. And that 20k ADM over sticker price , oh hell no. Like other's have said , get another dealer.(Run, Run now get your money back). I would go out of state if needed. :tsk:
That's not the only dealer that I can use and wouldn't pay ADM. They know some people would pay just about anything to be the first one on the block. Not me, I'll wait if I have to. They had some people paying cash for GT500s and those were jacked up in the $80K range.

jonb347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby, 1993 Mod Fox, 1968 Stang
I had mine faxed in 4 minutes after I got the email :)

They didn't have it with the Boss but they also didn't give them out. We never got a Boss but we've had a shelby every year.

We don't do ADM, but even so a lot of dealers do and a lot of dealers get top dollar. Heck, if I threw my guaranteed allocation on Ebay right now I'd be scared to see how much it sold for lol.

Sponsored

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
Anyone know if dealers get to choose colors and packages or if they just get whatever Ford wants to send them ??

jonb347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no we get to order whatever we want. however, this does not include the R. They havent announced R allocation info yet

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Hey if someone is really wealthy and $20k is worth it to them to be the first, more power to them. Even if I were a millionaire I wouldn't do it.

Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
no we get to order whatever we want. however, this does not include the R. They havent announced R allocation info yet
Was there specific language stating that the R was not included and will have separate allocation? The draft ordering guide made it seem like it's just an equipment group.

Last edited:

Tom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daily Driver
If I were a millionaire the GT350 wouldn't make the list of cars I would want.
Now this would be more like it. :D

Last edited:

jonb347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was there specific language stating that the R was not included and will have separate allocation? The draft ordering guide made it seem like it's just an equipment group.
yes. it said right in our dealer notice that R allocation will only go to GT350 certified dealers but that this program does not include it. It will follow later. The R will be extremely limited production.

BlackDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
I seriously doubt your claim, but if true, then congratulations, sir.
I won't be the first on the block with one, but I'll pay what I want to, so I'm ok with it. I need time to demod my car and part it out anyways.

ya seriously. why would any dealer LOSE 1000 bucks to sell you a car
You aren't the only one in the business, sir. And thankfully somebody needed a really big favor that I was able to grant. They are actually not losing anything.:thumbsup:

jonb347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I won't be the first on the block with one, but I'll pay what I want to, so I'm ok with it. I need time to demod my car and part it out anyways.

You aren't the only one in the business, sir. And thankfully somebody needed a really big favor that I was able to grant. They are actually not losing anything.:thumbsup:[/Q

not sure where the snotty attitude is coming from? i never said i was. I am very small, i get one shelby a year. either way, if they are selling at invoice they are losing the 1000 enrollment fee unless they are making up for it somewhere else. math is math.
Sponsored