GT350 $110k

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I felt I was being pretty front-handed. You realize giving the same opinion about the car doesn't make it as qualified as someone who owns it right? If someone shows you a histology section and you say 'cancer', and turn out to be right, it doesn't mean you're a bonafide pathologist. I said GT3 because I also love and respect Porsche. I'm a car-guy, not a brand-guy. But I don't go over to Rennlist and try to push people into making major Porsche purchase decisions based on my opinions of the car without owning one, let alone proclaiming "see I was right" if one of the members who does actually own the car says the same thing.
Ignore him, not worth wasting your breath.

The GT3 in the UK is £111k which is about $145k, so out my price range but yes the GT3 would be my dream car.
Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Ignore him, not worth wasting your breath.

The GT3 in the UK is £111k which is about $145k, so out my price range but yes the GT3 would be my dream car.
Yeah, that was what I was suggesting. If you aren't a hardcore Ford guy I think the GT3 or even the GT4 is a great option and either would hold it's value relatively well if later on you decide it's not for you. Plus I feel the smaller dimensions of the Porsche's would be a little easier to manage on the streets in England.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think a lot of Americans want the 911 because it's more expensive and rare here. I like them, but I find the base models a little bland and boring. Yes they can be driven fast and they handle very well. Yes the flat 6 makes some good sounds when wrung out. But stock they tend to be very quiet and very hooked up. The GT350 is loud and brash and you have to be ready when you step on it.

For me the GT350 is the preferred car over the 911, even though the 911 costs a lot more and has more status (here).

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
OP starts thread by literally saying his mustang doesn't "feel that fast".

Then proceeds to put his fingers in his ears when members provide facts about the soft mid ranged GT350 and exactly how to make his current car "faster" than a GT350.

Here's a fun fact: The 2018 A10 base mustang GT is faster and quicker than a GT350 everyday of the week and 2x on Sunday--and has more torque down low--along with direct injection and a host of other improvements to the engine platform. It definitely "feels" faster. Ive driven both and own the 2018 GT.

No way on earth I'd burn $110k on a GT350 because I want my car to "feel" faster.

OP.. sounds like you have your mind made up.

Why did you start the thread?
:crackup:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
A gt350 landed in the uk is approx £70k (used)-£80k (new) or the same price as a new base Carrera with no options or a lightly used carrera S. A gt3 is double the price so a poor comparison.

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
A gt350 landed in the uk is approx £70k (used)-£80k (new) or the same price as a new base Carrera with no options or a lightly used carrera S. A gt3 is double the price so a poor comparison.
Since you're also in the UK, maybe you can point marks in that direction. But as mentioned, if it's simply a matter of wanting the car to feel faster the GT or GT350 may not be the answer.

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
Out of the new muscle cars, if I was buying one now, it would be either the Camaro 1LE or ZL1 1LE. If I wanted handling only, maybe a GT350, but I could never spend $100k on a Mustang. I might even wait to see what new Challenger special edition was on the horizon, for straight speed and looks.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I felt I was being pretty front-handed. You realize giving the same opinion about the car doesn't make it as qualified as someone who owns it right? If someone shows you a histology section and you say 'cancer', and turn out to be right, it doesn't mean you're a bonafide pathologist. I said GT3 because I also love and respect Porsche. I'm a car-guy, not a brand-guy. But I don't go over to Rennlist and try to push people into making major Porsche purchase decisions based on my opinions of the car without owning one, let alone proclaiming "see I was right" if one of the members who does actually own the car says the same thing.

It's because you have to get into the upper RPM's for the power that it typically won't feel or be as fast on the low end, especially on the street. It wasn't meant to be a straight-line drag car.

I’m not a brand guy either.

However, I’m also not going suggest someone waste money on a car only because I own it.

I’ve owned a little bit of everything from Shelby GT500, to z06 corvettes, to 10 second turbo Mitsubishis.

The Porsche is a great suggestion...the gt350?? No.

Not unless OP wants to invest in his favorite petroleum company in order to keep his gutless voodoo car full of oil every 500 miles.

There are better choices for $110k. Far better.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
It pains me to see you pay that much for a 350. That said, if it’s gonna be really exclusive and rare, i get it...but this sounds like a good time to see what Porsche is all about to me.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Anyway, still not got an answer! ;)

GT350, 911 or Grand Sport?
I own a Porsche 997 Carrera S and a GT350 Track Pack. Love both cars for different reasons. However, if I could only keep one, it would be the GT350. I really enjoy driving it more, it looks cooler too IMHO and I just can't get enough of that unique Voodoo sound!

BUT, if I had to sell both and buy a new car, I'd probably replace them with a new 911 Carrera T. Only because the Carrera T is new and different from what I have, don't really know if I'd like it better than the GT350. I'd also strongly consider a GT4 and BMW M2 Competition.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Thanks all. Yes the M2 Competition is definitely worth considering but ultimately it's a 2 series for $70k.
The point which I think everyone has touched on is you buy the Porsche with your head and GT350 with your heart. In the UK you see lots of Porsches but Mustangs of any type maybe 1 every 2 weeks. In terms of GT350, not seen one on the roads of UK so would be much more special than another 911. The GT3 and GT4 are my dream cars but both out my price range and very hard to get hold of, the GT4 is now selling for upwards of $135k on the second hand market.

Not many comments on Grand Sport, this would be as rare as GT350 in UK but can get for about $85k. Has anyone driven this against a GT350 ?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thanks all. Yes the M2 Competition is definitely worth considering but ultimately it's a 2 series for $70k.
The point which I think everyone has touched on is you buy the Porsche with your head and GT350 with your heart. In the UK you see lots of Porsches but Mustangs of any type maybe 1 every 2 weeks. In terms of GT350, not seen one on the roads of UK so would be much more special than another 911. The GT3 and GT4 are my dream cars but both out my price range and very hard to get hold of, the GT4 is now selling for upwards of $135k on the second hand market.

Not many comments on Grand Sport, this would be as rare as GT350 in UK but can get for about $85k. Has anyone driven this against a GT350 ?
Obviously you cannot purchase a brand new GT350 from NA and bring it over to the UK therefore suggest that there are some very good opportunities for a very nice used GT350 and even with the VAT I would suggest that you should be able to land at well under $100K and just a matter of finding a GT350 in the color and options that you are looking for.

My suggestion is go with your heart and not your head with respect to this decision and suggest that you will be very happy in the long run subject to landing a GT350 at a decent price.

There is no question that a GT350 cruising the streets of the UK will be much more special than a Porsche and especially when driving on some of the back roads in Sport Mode with the active exhaust.

Then again you could look for a 10 second Mitsubishi and how cool would that be driving in the backroads of the UK!!

:beer:

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Ahahahaha.

Because the GT350–built by the same hands as those that assemble the Fiesta—is so much more elite than any Mitsubishi!

You people are entertaining that’s for sure.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Not quite in the same league, but my little brother did Euro delivery for his M240, fully loaded, and then added the LSD. I've driven the car quite a bit and love it. It feels like much more than a $55k car. I think the M2 is one of the great choices out there for an everyday sports car.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Obviously you cannot purchase a brand new GT350 from NA and bring it over to the UK therefore suggest that there are some very good opportunities for a very nice used GT350 and even with the VAT I would suggest that you should be able to land at well under $100K and just a matter of finding a GT350 in the color and options that you are looking for.

My suggestion is go with your heart and not your head with respect to this decision and suggest that you will be very happy in the long run subject to landing a GT350 at a decent price.

There is no question that a GT350 cruising the streets of the UK will be much more special than a Porsche and especially when driving on some of the back roads in Sport Mode with the active exhaust.

Then again you could look for a 10 second Mitsubishi and how cool would that be driving in the backroads of the UK!!

:beer:
I fully agree with this. :like:

The reason many are steering you towards other options is the $100K cost you mentioned. What made the GT350 such a hit is that it was likened to the GT3 at the time for a fraction of the price. But at $100K, it's not worth it to us US buyers on the other side of the pond. Buying a lightly used model and importing to the UK will allow you to buy both with your "heart" and your "head".

The GT350 has a "soul" that can't really be described. It's not without flaws, but it's a special car. I'm sure it would be way cooler to drive a Shelby in the UK vs a base 911. Corvettes are cool too and the GS is a great buy. But they're generally not for me, and I don't care for the looks of the C7 much.
Sponsored