Sponsored

GT Fastback or GT Convertible? Putting deposit down tomorrow... CANNOT DECIDE!

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I say fastback. But that is because I will never own a convertible.. Ew.
Sponsored

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
A good way to put it.

I would say I'm not a convertible person by your definition, but I love my '70 convertible. It's great when the temperature is right, I'm not driving too far on the highway, etc. I don't really want another convertible as a daily, though.
The nice part of the S550 vert is the insulated and fully-lined roof. When closed it’s as quiet as the FB and keeps both heat and AC effective. The conventional wisdoms about “ragtop” problems no longer apply.

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
I'm picking up a Race Red/Showstopper Red Vert next Thursday. I wanted all the options like you have, but the offer I got on this '18 is just too good to ignore. $52k MSRP for $44k out the door. GT Premium Vert, A10, Black Accent, S&S, 3.55 rear. I've had fully loaded Coyote Verts, since 2011, and have loved everything about them. I'm not an attention hog either, but it goes with the car. I do try to be modest though. Good luck and enjoy. Drive fast with with the top down...
20180502_132640.jpg

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Balloons will give you unwanted lift at high speeds....

CVCashmere

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Buy the coupe...... and a chain saw in case you change your mind.

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
a DD in NJ means you get to use the top down for no more than 6 months out of the year.
My '18 GT ragtop is a dry weather toy, top up or down. But the way the weather has been since I got it on 4/30 it's been a wet weather garaged toy.

Yup....Jersey weather sucks. A convertible is a roll of the dice here, but I wouldn't have a Mustang any other way.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
OK IMHO they make boy Mustangs and they make girl Mustangs.

OK all you vert guys RANT on me.:D
Lee
You did not say which was which. I guess you chose the girl one?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Heading to the dealership shortly... AND I STILL HAVEN’T DECIDED! :lol: :p
Anyway, price negotiation time, wish me luck!

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Heading to the dealership shortly... AND I STILL HAVEN’T DECIDED! :lol: :p
Anyway, price negotiation time, wish me luck!
Good Luck. Buy the vert!
mustang1.jpg

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL! So, that was pointless - we could only ballpark as the actual 2019 sale info isn’t actually available still, just the build info and general invoice data. He took the 2019 invoice prices and used the 2018 info, minus current rebates and ball parked from there, saying he could likely tighten it up a bit from the ball parked figure (I basically said “get it within reach of Koon’s Ford’s pricing so I can avoid a 90+ minute drive to Baltimore and I’m happy”, I didn’t say this, but if it’s within $1k and they throw in a car cover + tshirt I’ll be happy :p ). I apparently still have time to choose, probably 2-3 weeks as my 2019 is still sitting as a pending/confirmed order with zero build or production info available since Ford is still building 18s for some reason. :lol: :frusty:

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Why are you ordering a car??

I'd say get an '18 already on the lot so you can bargain and save $$ and no wait. You never get good deals ordering cars compared to getting on the lot.

Get a fastback. You live in freakin' NJ. A vert will be unusable with the top down for probably half the time. It's a waste IMO.

I live in San Diego can could drive a vert all year round easily. But frying my skin in a vert is one of the least appealing things I can think of (g/f had a vert). Not to mention having to put the top up/down every time I go someplace. I wouldn't leave it down b/c punk kids would eventually throw a soda or something in it. Don't need the headaches with that either. So I have a fastback and will never own a vert. Not to mention the Fastback is sportier.

No respect to women or to sound sexist but 90% of verts I see in San Diego for Mustangs, Corvettes..etc are driven by women or old geezers.

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why are you ordering a car??
Because there are zero cars available packaged as I want unless I get Shadow Black (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE). :p

I'd say get an '18 already on the lot so you can bargain and save $$ and no wait. You never get good deals ordering cars compared to getting on the lot.
This info is 100% incorrect. Even Koon's Ford told me that I would get the same "WOW Pricing" with a custom order prior to rebates (as rebates would depend on what's available when the car arrives. However, some dealerships take the risk of "locking you into" rebates that are available at the time of order, though they risk eating that cost if the rebates expire at the time of sale). In many instances, you can actually get a better deal with a custom order as you can avoid certain tacked on lot fees some dealerships throw on. The dealership today could only ballpark (as mentioned in my last post) but was already dropping over $5k off prior to rebates... Plus, there's the satisfaction of knowing that no one at the dealership or any potential customer beat the crap out of the car during a test drive.

Get a fastback. You live in freakin' NJ. A vert will be unusable with the top down for probably half the time. It's a waste IMO.
My first two Mustangs were verts. With a wind deflector, you can keep the top down pretty much all year minus extreme hot/cold conditions. In my 2001 GT Vert, anywhere from roughly 50-95 degrees was top-down weather for me. :p

I live in San Diego can could drive a vert all year round easily. But frying my skin in a vert is one of the least appealing things I can think of (g/f had a vert). Not to mention having to put the top up/down every time I go someplace. I wouldn't leave it down b/c punk kids would eventually throw a soda or something in it. Don't need the headaches with that either. So I have a fastback and will never own a vert. Not to mention the Fastback is sportier.
Yes, putting the top-up each time I would park was always annoying. The only time I would leave it down was with instances such as if I was just running up to my bank's ATM or something and could see my car the whole time (obviously still putting the windows up). But yea, people constantly walking up to it and trying to look in it if the top was down was always annoying. I wish Ford would invest in a hard-top convertible as well as the ability to put the top up/down while driving below 32-ish mph like virtually every competitor in the price range. :p
There's also the thing with convertibles where people automatically assume you're rich because the car doesn't have a top... Unless it's a sebring convertible. :lol:
Sponsored