Sponsored

GT Base Subwoofer Set Up

Tristar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Finally got this completed, not by me of course, would die doing this in the 111 Degree Heat :-)

Looks Good, 702 Motoring Here in Vegas did the install today.
Sounds really good to.

8--Planet-Sub.jpg

Planet-Sub-Amp.jpg

Chris
Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Looks good. Debating the route I want to go on my Base. Looking at Focal, or Hertz speakers to replace the factory units, and a bass setup I can take out when I want to cut weight on the car.

OP
OP
Tristar

Tristar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Thanks

I decided for now to just add the Sub and Amp. The Sub is removable, the amp is not.

Once they work out some easier ways to upgrade the other speakers I may do that too, although, just this addition has made the base system sound really good overall.

Chris

Looks good. Debating the route I want to go on my Base. Looking at Focal, or Hertz speakers to replace the factory units, and a bass setup I can take out when I want to cut weight on the car.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I decided for now to just add the Sub and Amp. The Sub is removable, the amp is not.

Once they work out some easier ways to upgrade the other speakers I may do that too, although, just this addition has made the base system sound really good overall.

Chris

I probably will mount the amp to my sub box, and setup some quick disconnects for the power/speaks wires etc. Shouldn't be too hard to do. Then remove a couple bracket screws and pull it out for the drag strip.

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Looks good. Nice that you can remove it if you need to load up with groceries or throw the golf clubs back there.

Using my phone for Bluetooth, I've actually been able to mess with both the phone's and car's EQ to get pretty decent bass. But I'm almost exclusively listening to my music now at max volume (30). I need more volume before I need more bass...plain and simple. Hoping we get some kind of aftermarket dash kit soon!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tristar

Tristar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You know pre adding the Sub and Amp I was at 22 to 24 for descent volume with the AC going , Now after Sub and Amp, I only need to go 15 to 18 on Volumew ? Not sure completely why that is, but that's how it worked out.

Chris

Looks good. Nice that you can remove it if you need to load up with groceries or throw the golf clubs back there.

Using my phone for Bluetooth, I've actually been able to mess with both the phone's and car's EQ to get pretty decent bass. But I'm almost exclusively listening to my music now at max volume (30). I need more volume before I need more bass...plain and simple. Hoping we get some kind of aftermarket dash kit soon!!

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
OP
OP
Tristar

Tristar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Not 100%

They said they did not take the dash apart? I assume they came off the rear speakers and uses a high low or some sort of adapter to get the signal.

Been listening for a week and it sounds so much better. Just adding the Sub and Amp seems to have added some overall power, but could still use more basic power, but that's not in the cards.
Sponsored