Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford raptor. 2019 GT 350 R Black red pinstripe. 1948 Ford 4 door sedan. 1973 stingray corvette.
  • Banned
HI,

I was just wondering what wheels there are to purchase to replace the carbon fiber wheels that are light and look good. My GT 350 R is currently stored away for the winter, so I am just trying to get a jump on spring. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford raptor. 2019 GT 350 R Black red pinstripe. 1948 Ford 4 door sedan. 1973 stingray corvette.
  • Banned
Thank You. Do recommend a brand or certain wheel ?

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Signature.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Im having the same internal war, I think im sticking with the stock CF rims. They are part of why we buy an R to start with but damn the Vibe replicas are tempting.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Im having the same internal war, I think im sticking with the stock CF rims. They are part of why we buy an R to start with but damn the Vibe replicas are tempting.
Right up to the point that you get a rock wedged between your wheel and the caliper. If you are the kind of guy who wants to drive CF wheels on the street and "full speed ahead, damn the torpedos" approach, well have at it.

If you are the kind of guy who keeps his car clean and wants to keep it all nice and original, well then you need to look into another set of wheels.

It's a question of when, not if.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
It's a question of when, not if
I’ve got 1,200 miles on my car and already had the pebble between the front caliper and rim which caused a small groove around the inner barrel of the rim! It’s not a “R” with carbon fiber rims but it still gets me pissed! I’ve looked several other GT350’s at different events and I’m not the only one with a groove! A couple of guys didn’t even notice it until I pointed it out!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I’ve got 1,200 miles on my car and already had the pebble between the front caliper and rim which caused a small groove around the inner barrel of the rim! It’s not a “R” with carbon fiber rims but it still gets me pissed! I’ve looked several other GT350’s at different events and I’m not the only one with a groove! A couple of guys didn’t even notice it until I pointed it out!
Yea right....

Damn the torpedoes.....

If you haven't seen my repair thread, here it is. It's a pain in the ass, but they can be fixed after damage.

My humble opinion is use carbon fiber wheels for the track and forged aluminum wheels for the street.

Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
Yea right....

Damn the torpedoes.....

If you haven't seen my repair thread, here it is. It's a pain in the ass, but they can be fixed after damage.

My humble opinion is use carbon fiber wheels for the track and forged aluminum wheels for the street.
But Tom you know im not track im a couple thousand spirited miles a year. Where i try and watch what i do. Obviously i expect to damage 1 a year and hope i can just repair or repaint.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
But Tom you know im not track im a couple thousand spirited miles a year. Where i try and watch what i do. Obviously i expect to damage 1 a year and hope i can just repair or repaint.
If that's ok with you, then have at it. I have aluminum for the street because I can't tell the difference between the two under street conditions.

However, I totally get it. It's part of the car

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
If that's ok with you, then have at it. I have aluminum for the street because I can't tell the difference between the two under street conditions.

However, I totally get it. It's part of the car
Tom, i respect your opinion greatly, are you saying if i buy a set of forged rims ,24 pounds each i wont be able to tell the difference on the street?
Thats my concern, bc visually no one will be able to tell cf rims painted black and other replica rims that are black are the same. I just didn't want to lose any of the driving experience.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Tom, i respect your opinion greatly, are you saying if i buy a set of forged rims ,24 pounds each i wont be able to tell the difference on the street?
Thats my concern, bc visually no one will be able to tell cf rims painted black and other replica rims that are black are the same. I just didn't want to lose any of the driving experience.
Yes, I do this all the do da day. On the street.... zero difference. (Forged wheel with cup2s vs CF with cup2s).

That is unless you are driving like you are about to be thrown in jail.

Come and try the two out. Be my guest.
Sponsored