Sponsored

Grabber Lime GT500

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So disappointing. The photos make it look more milky rather than metallic and the color just doesn't seem to have much depth to it. It's ok, much better than GHIG, but not at all as good as the Ford images make it look. I was very interested in buying a car with the color as shown in the Ford images. Now I will have to see this color in person before ordering a car.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yeah, the metallic/pearl color as seen in the press release link is amazing.

The other, not so much.....

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Maybe Ford was A/B testing the two different colors based upon social media reaction. :giggle:

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Interesting. This new color looks like Dodge Sublime Green... I like the other color they showed better. What's going on here?

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Interesting. This new color looks like Dodge Sublime Green... I like the other color they showed better. What's going on here?
My guess, the first green color shown (the metallic one) was a St. Patrick's Day troll...aka marketing stunt. lol

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Maybe preferred yellow blaze to this.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think the Ford marketing pictures are probably correct and the other images are photoshops by random people guessing what the color will look like.

However, I would not place an order for a car based on that opinion.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
turns out, the Pictures Ford posted were true. I got this fro the rep that took my deposit:

"
2020 Mustang in Grabber Lime
DEARBORN, Mich., March 15, 2019 – Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, Ford is unveiling Grabber Lime for the 2020 Mustang. More potent than krypton-ite, this high-impact green inspired by a vintage Mustang color from the 1970s is sure to leave other muscle cars green with envy.

“It’s lime green on steroids,” said Barb Whalen, Ford color and materials manager. “This color traces back to a Mustang heritage color while bringing it forward with more modern, dynamic pigments and bold new energy.”

Grabber Lime is one of two new feature colors available across the Mustang lineup for 2020; Twister Orange is the other. In addition, new Iconic Silver and Red Hot Metallic will freshen up the new Mustang palette, including for Shelby GT350 and Shelby GT500 models.

“These bright, vibrant retro colors are trending in design – in home furnishings, sportswear and even appliances,” said Whalen. “Aspirational and confident, they are fun, youthful colors that make a statement of how you want the world to see you and who you want to be. And your car is an extension of that.”

The new 2020 Ford Mustang arrives this fall.

GT350, GT500 and Shelby are registered trademarks of Carroll Hall Shelby Trust."

gl1.JPG
gl2.JPG

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Love the color, not digging on the red calipers __with__ that exterior ... it's like the frog-in-a-blender joke :D

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
For a garage queen I think it is a good color

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I like the color but not enough to get one I don’t think.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Not bad. A bit better than the color portrayed by the Ford media material.
That's funny - I think the opposite. I love the color in the media material, but IMO this looks terrible. I really wanted a car in the color shown in the media material, but this color I wouldn't even consider.
Sponsored