Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm having a very hard time with this color. Some photos the color looks very washed out light a light dull green and other photos it looks Very Bright and Pops closer to high lighter. I don't know witch one it is?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
SoCal: A big part of the problem are the camera sensors in what were undoubtedly phone cams for the most part. That color green is a tough one...for a camera sensor, a computer display, and even our eyes. When the exposure gets too high as on a sunny day, those areas you described are probably impossible to prevent. Remember, that lime is very similar to the safety vests everywhere and of course, that color is made to be "seen."

But, I think most of the time, the true Grabber Lime will dominate and based on the photos I've seen in decent lighting conditions, it'll be an eye-popping color for sure.

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
I'm having a very hard time with this color. Some photos the color looks very washed out light a light dull green and other photos it looks Very Bright and Pops closer to high lighter. I don't know witch one it is?
I think most can be said about most colors, excluding maybe white/black. Ruby Red is one of my favorites but can look really dull or dazzle based on the lighting and photo quality. Dealers in florida have received the 2020 models, maybe check around you and see if you can go see the color in person? Thats what I did based on the same dilemma. I will say, low quality photos don't do it justice and I don't think it's washed out at all. IMO it looks "best" in what i'd call golden sunlight, so like when the sun is starting to set. Looks worse in white light, IMO thats when it gets the washed appearance.

Anywho, heres a link to some photos I took close up with a Galaxy S10+ which has a decent camera IMO. No filters. Its parked in the shade, and I feel these photos do a good job highlighting what it looks like in person and even shows shade vs sunlight and how the color changes. 2nd link are also me, at a different dealer on a sunny but cloudy day, also no filters. I love the color and plan to get my next Mustang in this color.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/grabber-lime-s550-mustang-thread.123236/#post-2670635
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/grabber-lime-s550-mustang-thread.123236/page-2#post-2671576

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I saw the Grabber Lime on a GT at my dealer it looks pretty good but I don't think it's a color I could live with everyday.

Sponsored
OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

Snowwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 2017 Expedition, 2019 Honda Civic
Interesting, the driver gives a long review on a lime green GT500 without back seats. Then when he does the test drive its in a car with back seats.
Or am I missing something?
Sponsored