Sponsored

GR107 - Looking For The New Owner!!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
During the Fall of 2016 I had a weak moment and sold my first R model to a Ford dealership located in the Pacific Northwest.

At the time of the transaction I did not have the Shelby's Owners Kit but had the original Window Sticker but with this car going to a Ford dealership and because no documentation was requested at the time of the transaction I just kept the original Window Sticker.

Quite sometime after selling GR107 I finally received the Shelby Owners Kit after which time I contacted the dealership who bought my car asking if they would put me in touch with the new owner.

Of course that did not go anywhere so here I am looking to locate the owner of GR107 so that I can provide him with the Shelby Owners Kit along with the original Window Sticker for the car.

No idea where the car may be but suggest that it may still be somewhere in the Pacific Northwest but that is just an assumption on my part.

Hope that someone on this forum knows the new owner of this car after which time they can contact me and we can get everything to the new owner where it certainly belongs.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
GR107.JPG
GR107 - 1.JPG
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Did you do a vin search on carfax? it should tell you the area it was sold and last inspected. May help a bit. The dealer may be able to reach out to the buyer to help you get contact.

Last edited:

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
That's a stand-up offer, sir, thanks for the inspiration.

I just loaded the trunk of H2614 with the owner's supplement, VIN etched oil filter wrench kit, Shelby American registration certificate, the dealer brochure, and the hardcover books that Ford gave out in 2017. I hope it all makes it through the dealer trade-in process and into the hands of the new owner.

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Did you do a vin search on carfax? it should tell you the area it was sold and last inspected. May help a bit. The dealer may be able to reach out to the buyer to help you get contact.
Don't suggest that carfax would do me much good as really not going to help me locate the new owner.

Already when down the path regarding communication with the dealership and they were not interested in helping in the least therefore hopefully someone will recognize this car.

;)

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R

I just loaded the trunk of H2614 with the owner's supplement, VIN etched oil filter wrench kit, Shelby American registration certificate, the dealer brochure, and the hardcover books that Ford gave out in 2017. I hope it all makes it through the dealer trade-in process and into the hands of the new owner.
Let's hope so. But I've seen dealer salesman pilfer the stuff from the trunk and no one seem to care.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Don't suggest that carfax would do me much good as really not going to help me locate the new owner.

Already when down the path regarding communication with the dealership and they were not interested in helping in the least therefore hopefully someone will recognize this car.

;)
Ah, yeah I was just thinking the CF may tell you want dealer sold it if you didn't know.

RR350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
H2043 / HR650
If you have the VIN, I can run the oasis report and see if we can find the most recent dealer to have it in for service etc? That might get you pointed in the right direction.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Let's hope so. But I've seen dealer salesman pilfer the stuff from the trunk and no one seem to care.
Its amazing what they get away with.

When I ordered my ATS, Cadillac was giving buyers a new top model iPad. Cadillac just shipped the iPads to the dealer who threw them in a closet pending sales. It was not uncommon for the salesperson to NOT offer the iPad to the buyer and if the buyer asked, say it just slipped their mind. Some buyers found out about the incentive later and went back to the dealer for it. As you might expect, the cupboard was sometimes bare and the dealer's could not order replacements so had to visit the local Apple store. Sometimes that turned ugly because the Cadillac iPads had customized Cadillac graphics on the back and special apps. A few buyers who originally didn't know about the iPads at all but later knew about the customization were pretty pissed.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS

Too bad your trading in. Figured you'd keep the GT350 for a companion to the "R".

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm in a similar situation with my old 16 track pack. I've got the owners supplement, oil filter wrench, etc. A search came up with nothing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
If you have the VIN, I can run the oasis report and see if we can find the most recent dealer to have it in for service etc? That might get you pointed in the right direction.
Appreciate the offer and the idea of an Oasis Report and I can get that done as well but suggest that even if I establish another Ford dealership that has serviced this car other than the one that sold it I will probably end up talking to the wall based on the confidentiality constraints that we are faced with these days.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'd bet the FP guys can locate the car and handle getting the owners kit to them.

Boston23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPP Ingot Silver
Appreciate the offer and the idea of an Oasis Report and I can get that done as well but suggest that even if I establish another Ford dealership that has serviced this car other than the one that sold it I will probably end up talking to the wall based on the confidentiality constraints that we are faced with these days.

Call the service manager when you get the dealership info from Oasis. He won’t give you the new owner info but should be more than happy to take yours and contact the owner. The svc mgr gets brownie points and the new owner is happy as well. I’d be stoked to get that call

RR350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
H2043 / HR650

Call the service manager when you get the dealership info from Oasis. He won’t give you the new owner info but should be more than happy to take yours and contact the owner. The svc mgr gets brownie points and the new owner is happy as well. I’d be stoked to get that call
This. Inform the Service Manager of the situation, have him Contact the new owner and pass along the message. That way the Service Manger looks good, and the new owner at least has the opportunity to accept or deny your generous offer. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I'd bet the FP guys can locate the car and handle getting the owners kit to them.
I have known most of the guys at FP for quite some time and if I recall correctly and discussed an issue like this in the past they do not have the ability to locate cars once they leave the selling dealerships location.
Sponsored