OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
This. Inform the Service Manager of the situation, have him Contact the new owner and pass along the message. That way the Service Manger looks good, and the new owner at least has the opportunity to accept or deny your generous offer. :thumbsup:
I will give that a try on Monday and as long as some warranty work has been done on this car then something will show up on the Oasis Report otherwise my experience with the Oasis Report over the years has been that information can be provided only when based on warranty work being done on any given car.

Will let you know how I make out.

:cheers:
Sponsored

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
^^^^ all the dealership will do is use it as leverage in an attempt to extract more money from a potential buyer. Tough situation to be in Harry. I'm all about passing it on, but.....

You know..... why not buy it back?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
^^^^ all the dealership will do is use it as leverage in an attempt to extract more money from a potential buyer. Tough situation to be in Harry.
Maybe wait until its sold and then contact that dealer.

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Did a quick google search - looks like it went to Sunset Ford, still on their site and the CarFax doesn’t reflect it being titled to new owner if it has been:

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=DVW_1&vin=1FATP8JZ2G5520319

https://www.sunsetfordofsumner.com/...Mustang-Shelby-GT-350R/1441/1FATP8JZ2G5520319
Some of you guys are certainly smarter than the average bear!

Interesting that the speedo was changed on this car as no reason to do that as the original speedo clearly indicated both MPH and KPH.

Of course changing the odometer from KPH to MPH is all done very easily so nothing to do there a just a click on the dash but really surprised about spending all kinds of money to change the speedo.

Thanks for the attached information and now going to have to think about all this based on the information that you have provided.

Thanks again!

:cheers:

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
^^^^ all the dealership will do is use it as leverage in an attempt to extract more money from a potential buyer. Tough situation to be in Harry. I'm all about passing it on, but.....

You know..... why not buy it back?
I am tending to agree with you Tom.

The initial selling transaction involving GR107 started out very well but went South real quick.

I ended up working through a third party (private individual) for this deal but after many weeks of going back and forth with respect to payment, inspection, etc. I found out that this car was not going into a private car collection as originally discussed but was now going to a Ford dealership and it took forever to complete the sale of this car.

If I didn't have a 2018 Base R already on order I would be excited to buy this car back but don't need 3 Base R models in my garage especially when getting close to retirement.

I would encourage anyone that is looking for a Base R to take a serious look at this car and who knows maybe this car can be bought for somewhat less than the asking price. The ~160 miles that I put on this car were all done in the B.C. mountain area and even though I did not drive the car hard it was a blast to drive on the twisty roads.

To the best of my knowledge this is 1 of 9 Base 920A cars sold new in Canada for the 2016MY and my understanding is a 1 of 1 based in this configuration. Maybe not interesting to many of you but certainly cool IMO.:cool:

In any event you all have my word that whoever purchases this car will end up with the Original Window Sticker and the Shelby Owners Kit and hopefully look forward to meeting a new owner for this cool car.

;) :cheers: ;)

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
During the Fall of 2016 I had a weak moment and sold my first R model to a Ford dealership located in the Pacific Northwest.

At the time of the transaction I did not have the Shelby's Owners Kit but had the original Window Sticker but with this car going to a Ford dealership and because no documentation was requested at the time of the transaction I just kept the original Window Sticker.

Quite sometime after selling GR107 I finally received the Shelby Owners Kit after which time I contacted the dealership who bought my car asking if they would put me in touch with the new owner.

Of course that did not go anywhere so here I am looking to locate the new owner of GR107 so that I can provide him/her with the Shelby Owners Kit along with the original Window Sticker for the car.

No idea where the car may be but suggest that it may still be somewhere in the Pacific Northwest but that is just an assumption on my part.

Hope that someone on this forum knows the new owner of this car after which time they can contact me and we can get everything to the new owner where it certainly belongs.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
GR107.JPG
GR107 - 1.JPG
After quite some time I still retain some key documentation for "GR107" and if anyone knows the whereabouts of this car please reach out to me with a PM regarding the new ownership after which time I arrange to provide him/her with all pertinent documentation.

:clap::clap:

AgentOrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fred Flintstone, two leg power
After quite some time I still retain some key documentation for "GR107" and if anyone knows the whereabouts of this car please reach out to me with a PM regarding the new ownership after which time I arrange to provide him/her with all pertinent documentation.

:clap::clap:
Why don't you try here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FordShelbyGT350Owners/ I have seen many people locate the owners of their previous GT350/GT350R.

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

AgentOrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably a good idea but being an old guy I don't ever go on Facebook.
No worries. I'll do it for you and let you know if anyone contacts me. Nice that you're trying to do the right thing for the current owner :thumbsup:

Wilson44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Avalanche Gray

AgentOrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On a side note - how the hell do you join that group? I've been requesting for her a month now... nothing. Is there secret handshake or something?
That's for sure strange. Cancel your request and then make a new request. If that doesn't work PM me and I'll message the admin.