Sponsored

GR107 - Looking For The New Owner!!

AgentOrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fred Flintstone, two leg power
Probably a good idea but being an old guy I don't ever go on Facebook.
I posted in the Facebook group for GT350 owners and received no response. I even "bumped" the post. I'll keep you posted if I ever receive a response.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I posted in the Facebook group for GT350 owners and received no response. I even "bumped" the post. I'll keep you posted if I ever receive a response.
Thanks!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Was watching the Mecum Auction in Phoenix this last weekend and noticed a Shadow Black 2016 Base R model go across the block with just over 300 miles and hope that was my old car that sold on Saturday and if so I will try to locate the new owner as have the original Window Sticker and the Shelby Owners Kit that has never been opened.

Based on what I was told back in 2016 this was the only SB with Black OTT stripes that was produced for Canada.

Will try to confirm that this was actually my old car that sold through Mecum on the weekend!

:)

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Was watching the Mecum Auction in Phoenix this last weekend and noticed a Shadow Black 2016 Base R model go across the block with just over 300 miles and hope that was my old car that sold on Saturday and if so I will try to locate the new owner as have the original Window Sticker and the Shelby Owners Kit that has never been opened.

Based on what I was told back in 2016 this was the only SB with Black OTT stripes that was produced for Canada.

Will try to confirm that this was actually my old car that sold through Mecum on the weekend!

:)
After reaching out to Mecum in Wisconsin and making contact with a person that I know fairly well he was able to confirm that the 2016 Black/Black Base R model sold last Saturday in Phoenix was in fact "GR107" and it was my old car that sold on the auction block in Phoenix this past weekend.

They will be reaching out to the new owner and will ask him to contact me after which time I will provide him with the unopened Shelby Owners Kit, the original Window Sticker, VOC, Letter of Compliance from Ford for importation into the U.S. and copy of the original Bill of Sale.

Pretty cool how this all happened after looking for the new owner for quite some time and having no success and then casually watching a car auction in Arizona whereby a 2016 Black/Black Base R model appears on the screen and based on color, stripes, no options and mileage it sure looked like my old car and it was!!!

Looking forward to speaking with the new owner and welcoming him to our small group of GT350 Base R owners.

On another note Rex and Tom since you both have Oxford White Base R's and wanted to know the total production numbers for these cars there were a total of 34 Base R's built in Oxford White over the 4 MY's.

:sunglasses:

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
That's a great story. Hoping there's a way you were able to get a copy of the video of the auction.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
That's a great story. Hoping there's a way you were able to get a copy of the video of the auction.
Yes, got a video recording of the auction along with a good look at the new owner and his bidders badge number.

His OTD price was $82,500 which may or may not be an indication of where the market currently is but in any event someone was willing to pay that amount for a low mileage 2016 Base R model.

As we all know Base R models are a thing of the past and to find a low mileage car is not going to be easy going forward based on the very low production numbers.

:sunglasses:

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Made contact with the new owner of GR107 after which time we had a terrific and interesting conversation yesterday afternoon.

The new owner of this 2016 Shadow Black GT350R lives in Southern California (949 area code) and sounds like a terrific car person.

I learned during our telephone conversation that he originally had owned not 1 but 2 1965 GT350's back in the day and once he put GR107 through it's paces it brought back a lot of memories with respect to his early GT350's.

He will be travelling over to the Phoenix area mid next week and have invited him over to my home at which time I will present him with an unopened Shelby Owners Kit, original window sticker and original bill of sale.

Looking forward to meeting with him and exchanging some great Mustang/automotive stories that both of us older guys have encountered over the last 5 decades.

Also really looking forward to finally getting some of this provenance to the rightful new owner of chassis number GR107.

:like::like:

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Really? I am in southern California 949 area code.
I keep a look out for the car and take some pics when I see it.
Sponsored