GPS fail

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
My GPS seems to not know where my car is. I was driving due west and GPS had me heading northeast into Lake Michigan. After I parked the car in my garage for awhile, I turned it on and waited for it to load a map. I don't know what it loaded, but it was nowhere near where my house is. When I was driving I got a no GPS symbol on the screen.

Can this be reset, or is it busted?

Car is 2018 Mustang GT convertible with 13k miles and 401A option.
Sponsored

drjeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium convertible, Kona Blue, 3.55 gears, active valve exhaust, 401A, safe and smart, B&O, polished aluminum wheels
My GPS seems to not know where my car is. I was driving due west and GPS had me heading northeast into Lake Michigan. After I parked the car in my garage for awhile, I turned it on and waited for it to load a map. I don't know what it loaded, but it was nowhere near where my house is. When I was driving I got a no GPS symbol on the screen.

Can this be reset, or is it busted?

Car is 2018 Mustang GT convertible with 13k miles and 401A option.
I had the same problem happen after I turned on apple CarPlay. When I turned it back off the GPS was fine again. I don’t use CarPlay now so I haven’t had any other issues and have no idea why it would mess up the gps.