Sponsored

good to see so many preorders

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I was told the same thing. "Car is running late" but I was told there is no chance of next batch in aug. car ordered 31st March is expected some time in august.

I also expect (but I hope not) that those of you which have dealers still quoting December are going to get a crap phone call over the next few weeks. If nadojay orders in 2014 and gets April and I order in feb 15 and get May that suggests that all cars will be here on the same boat or maybe a week or so apart

My gripe will be when the May date is pushed to July and then sync 3 and more options drop for the 17 car which I bet ship December 16
Sponsored

XR6VCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual Mustang GT
I also expect (but I hope not) that those of you which have dealers still quoting December are going to get a crap phone call over the next few weeks. If nadojay orders in 2014 and gets April and I order in feb 15 and get May that suggests that all cars will be here on the same boat or maybe a week or so apart

My gripe will be when the May date is pushed to July and then sync 3 and more options drop for the 17 car which I bet ship December 16
I agree Melbnut. It does seem strange that some dealers have been informed of delays and others aren't aware of any. I'm assuming that any communications that has taken place from Ford Aus hasn't come through a dealer bulletin or all the dealers would be aligned. No doubt it will all become clear in the next few weeks.

I'll also be disappointed if the second batch of cars comes along really quickly and comes with Sync 3, more options, RHD improvements, etc.

Hopefully it doesn't play out like this...

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I agree Melbnut. It does seem strange that some dealers have been informed of delays and others aren't aware of any. I'm assuming that any communications that has taken place from Ford Aus hasn't come through a dealer bulletin or all the dealers would be aligned. No doubt it will all become clear in the next few weeks.

I'll also be disappointed if the second batch of cars comes along really quickly and comes with Sync 3, more options, RHD improvements, etc.

Hopefully it doesn't play out like this...
Agree but sadly I think that's exactly what will happen.

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
So my dealer just called apologizing profusely and said he received news today my order has been pushed back April, so time you orded seems to mean sweet FA. I am pretty pissed right now, it means by the time my car is delivered it would have been preordered for well over 2 years, might as well cancel and order a 2016 built car seeing as they are an August delivery
Nadojay - just wondering how much deposit did you put down with your pre-order back in 2014? - Also is the dealer in Cains a large one?

OP
OP
nadojay

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
Nadojay - just wondering how much deposit did you put down with your pre-order back in 2014? - Also is the dealer in Cains a large one?
No its a small dealership and only $500, asked a few times if they wanted more and they said no its all good but i do have a great relationship with them and many long talks about mods, they also call me after hours if they dont get me through the day. In another note they have locked in August 3rd for viewing and itlk be the triple yellow GT, hope i dont regret the colour lol

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
So far between the posts I have been reading the only common factor is that the delays are affecting dealers who had small order numbers.

OP
OP
nadojay

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
So far between the posts I have been reading the only common factor is that the delays are affecting dealers who had small order numbers.
A guy on AFF said his has been delayed till July and its carmichael ford, which is quite a big dealership in townsville

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
A guy on AFF said his has been delayed till July and its carmichael ford, which is quite a big dealership in townsville
Courtney and Patterson here.. Not huge but not small. Had well over 20 orders too.

I think the car has been delayed and they are trickle feeding. Or dealees are just not passing it on to minimise the fall out until after the viewing

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Reading other forums today news is out. First cars April.....forget a car next year if you did not preorder.

I would suggest all will be getting calls now

austang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Veloster Turbo
Reading other forums today news is out. First cars April.....forget a car next year if you did not preorder.

I would suggest all will be getting calls now
Could you link us the sources/news?

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Do you mind sharing it here? Keen to see any new info. Thanks
Quote from 4Vman on Falcon Forums
"This morning we were told by the dealer:

- Her car which was ordered March 6th wont be delivered till late July 2016. After being told Nov(ish) 2015 initially.
- The first 2 allocations have been delayed, the first will begin arriving march/april and will progressively be delivered through to october/november.
- Effectively the first 2 allocations (2000 cars) is for the entire supply for 2016.
- Ford have cancelled a special function and drive day for the new Mustang.
- In Lieu of that event starting in sept the LHD cars will do a dealer tour as a static display, not to be driven.
- If you want a car you cannot drive one before delivery.
- They still cannot tell us what the 2 wheel options look like.

Oh and as a parting stab to rub salt into the wound, the dealer told her if she doesn't want the car they're sure someone else will...

So, if you want a new Mustang and havent ordered one yet you have 2 options:

1) Order one today and wait till 2017 or
2) Go into a dealer and put you name on a list for the cancelled orders that have started already.

The other point worth noting is those later 2016 deliveries will cross over the 3rd update MY17 of this product...

Had she known this she would have bought something else to tide her over and waited till 17/18.

This is costing her a lot of money due to the delay.

I honestly regret the day i talked her into this car."

OP
OP
nadojay

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
I would be even more pissed off if i was in a position, where the delay is costing me money due to lease or current car failing

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I literally sold my car a couple of weeks ago as I thought I would only have to wait 5-6 months for a car, I could not blow this out to 13+ months. Still haven't been given the bad news yet but this could be a game changer for me
Sponsored