Sponsored

Good god please help me fix this noise lol

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Ok guys, since I got this stang, the windshield wipers , or wiper, it’s just the drivers side one, makes a horrible skipping loud noise. It does this even after changing wipers, and rain-x’ing up the windshield thinking it would help make it slicker. It’s awful. Driving this car in the rain is terrible bc of this and idk wtf to do. Help!!!

Sponsored

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
What did you change the wipers to?
Have you tried clay barring the windshield?

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did you change the wipers to?
Have you tried clay barring the windshield?
When the ford stock ones did it I put on these Michelin ones I really like and used on all my stuff. Haven’t tried a clay bar no, hmm.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
TBH i've had horrible luck with the Michelin ones on other cars. Have had them do what yours are doing within days. Would never use them again. I'd try the OEM ones.. i usually get the OEM rubber refills on all my cars, they just seem to last longer for whatever reason.

Sponsored

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had the same problem with my truck. Try this.

Wow that’s great. I’ll check to see if it’s out of whack, I hate to be bending a part though since it’s still under warranty lol guess mine came from the factory bent though!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Instead of bending your wiper arms, try applying some of the rain-X or whatever wax/paint sealant/coating you have on your car to the wiper blades. All of my glass is ceramic coated and I also put some on my wiper blades. No issues of wiper blade skipping.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Instead of bending your wiper arms, try applying some of the rain-X or whatever wax/paint sealant/coating you have on your car to the wiper blades. All of my glass is ceramic coated and I also put some on my wiper blades. No issues of wiper blade skipping.
yeah i figured being on the windshield was good enough. it works, the rain was beading off so luckily i ddin't need to run them the whole time in our monsoon of a storm last night lol

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Another +1 for the OEM wiper blades too

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I've found that winshield coatings actually increase chattering.

OEM replacement wipers (NOT just blades, the entire wiper) and a clean windshield are the ticket.

FYI; most dealerships do not have the exact, proper windshield wipers. They have Ford branded universal-fit crap that....fits like crap. Making sure to get the exact OEM wipers is also key.

Lastly; wipers should be replaced twice a year if the car is DD'd and it sits outside. Sunlight is what destroys wipers.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Ok guys, since I got this stang, the windshield wipers , or wiper, it’s just the drivers side one, makes a horrible skipping loud noise. It does this even after changing wipers, and rain-x’ing up the windshield thinking it would help make it slicker. It’s awful. Driving this car in the rain is terrible bc of this and idk wtf to do. Help!!!

LOL OP either replace the wiper blades OR you can take some car wax and actually wax the windshield. Will help remove that noise. Haha

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Had the same problem with my truck. Try this.

Wow that’s great. I’ll check to see if it’s out of whack, I hate to be bending a part though since it’s still under warranty lol guess mine came from the factory bent though!

I had that problem on my Edge. Tried several different brands if blades, cleaning, etc and nothing helped. Ended up tweaking the arms a bit and haven't had a problem since. It took a few tries to get it exactly right but was worth the effort.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
btw for everyone saying OEM blades, this happened on OEM blades from the factory. I had the car for 1 year, it sat in the garage and was never parked outside and I barely put 10k miles on it in my first year, and it's done this. it started probably around the 4 month mark, not even. It's been since Nov 2021, so 2 years now, 12k miles total, and i put on a new set of blades in that one year and they're exactly like the OEMs in that they made the same exact noise lol...so it's not the type of blade. that's the only reason i dumped the OEMs was cuz i thought it would fix the noise. it didnt lol
Sponsored

Last edited: