Good deal: Sport Cup 2s at Walmart

kratty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'56 Victoria, Tahoe, '16 GT350
Sonofa...

Just got this email regarding the MPSS fronts:

"We're really sorry, but one or more items you purchased are currently on backorder and may be delayed. We'll be getting more inventory and will fill your order as soon as we can.

If we can't ship the items by 12/08, we'll cancel the items, begin processing your refund and let you know by email.

If you'd rather not wait for the items to come back in stock, you can cancel now them by following this link or signing in to your account.

If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center. Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is unmonitored.
-Your Walmart Customer Care Team"
Just got off the phone with WM customer service. Despite the 12/08 cancellation threat, they assured me that the backordered tires are set for delivery on the 14th. So :headbang:, but :shrug:.
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Now this is the cluster f**K I expected from Walmart. Will be curious to see if anyone can get them to honor their price!

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
So the charge no longer appears on my credit card, but the order is still there on their website. Both fronts and rears of the MPSS are still showing due tomorrow (10/7) at my local store for pickup. Still showing as "Preparing Order," though.
No email yet, one way or the other.

So, still in a holding pattern.

Edit: Of course, shortly after I post that I get the backorder email. It only mentioned the 305 MPSS, so I guess I'll still get the fronts?

Last edited:

RaceRed350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Shelby GT350, 1989 Ford Mustang LX coupe
Just called the customer help line with my order number for the Sport Cup 2s. The lady was very helpful & put in a request on my account for "the order to not be canceled, customer will wait until items are back in stock". It should stay indefinitely until my order is filled. I also clarified it would be honored at the sale price and she emphatically stated it would be. I received the backorder email on the Cup 2s late last night. Haven't gotten the email on my 305 MPSS order yet. Thought this might help some of y'all that might be willing to wait!

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
they already gave me all my money back like they never charged me...and i only got a cancellation for the 2 fronts...

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
So I'm at the end of my trip - ended up OK.

First, FYI to those holding out. The person I spoke with sounded familiar with the situation and stated that it was a pricing error and that they don't honor pricing errors. She said that was the reason that the item was closed out and that, for that item number, no more would be arriving, so she didn't expect any of the backorders to be filled. This is by design. She also added a BUT - but, she said, she's seen some crazy things happen. I got her to leave mine in the system, so we will see.

I did already receive and order that I placed for 2 305 SC2s. Due to that...and the fact that they would require me to return the tires to an actual Walmart location, she agreed to sell me 2 of the 315 SC2s for %15 off....so not as much of a smoking deal as the 305s but enough so that I could at least make a single set of tires for the R.

As much as I wanted to get all 8 of those tires - I guess this is a win/win, so I'll take it.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Just got off the phone with a really sweet lady named Cindy in Wal-Mart customer service. She sees the dilemma and said she will write it up and send it to her Supervisor. Was very apologetic so we will see. I guess worst case I get my money back for the front tires and wait on the next deal we find. Not cool that there are 4 of same size under a different SKU for $530 each though. Would be really disappointed if that was purposeful....I mean this is Communist Target type stuff!
That is the load range 102Y which is NOT the GT350R OEM tire.
They are all gone according to Walmart customer service and you will get a cancellation notice via email and refund.

Total cluster fug as predicted.

..... sooo who got conned into buying:
MPSS fronts only?
or MPSC2 rears only?
or got everything they ordered?

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
I got lucky and received all four of the MPSS I ordered: 2 X 295's and 2 X 305's. Based on a comparison of the load ratings and other identifiers, these are the exact tires for the regular 350.

Good luck to those still waiting and thanks to the OP for posting the link!

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
So I'm at the end of my trip - ended up OK.

First, FYI to those holding out. The person I spoke with sounded familiar with the situation and stated that it was a pricing error and that they don't honor pricing errors. She said that was the reason that the item was closed out and that, for that item number, no more would be arriving, so she didn't expect any of the backorders to be filled. This is by design. She also added a BUT - but, she said, she's seen some crazy things happen. I got her to leave mine in the system, so we will see.

I did already receive and order that I placed for 2 305 SC2s. Due to that...and the fact that they would require me to return the tires to an actual Walmart location, she agreed to sell me 2 of the 315 SC2s for %15 off....so not as much of a smoking deal as the 305s but enough so that I could at least make a single set of tires for the R.

As much as I wanted to get all 8 of those tires - I guess this is a win/win, so I'll take it.
[MENTION=9260]stanglife[/MENTION] Dude, do you have an unmatched set with some 305 SC2 fronts?
I have (2) 315 SC2. lol...

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2080726#post2080726
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2080748#post2080748

I cancelled my large order and kicked it down to 2 front and 2 rear and then got SCREWED and only got 2 rears...
8 other tires shipped that I could have had. That is classic.
Was totally feeling guilty screwing other forum peeps and then I got hosed..
Freakn lol... so much for not being greedy...

Sooo sell me your 305 fronts? Or buy my 315 rears?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mosgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Got my set early...e everything in order and mfg date was 2016

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
She agreed to sell me the 2 315 rear tires to complete my set at 15% off.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Called customer service and told them i got the fronts(295) cancelled and would be really happy to get 4 tires like i ordered, and at the price they advertised...i wasn’t an ass and she was really nice, saying she made a note on my account so when they are in stock i can get them at the price i was expecting...idk if this is a page out of comcast’s Playbook or if it’s a genuine offer, i will report back when i know something

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Not sure it means anything to those who were cancelled or waiting but my 305s arrived at store. My 295s now show shipped. They are still listed for arrival tomorrow (I doubt that soon). I ordered MPSS Nov 28

Texas Gator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 magnetic w/blk stripes, tech pack
hmmm so the 2 295 MPSSs are at the store for pickup. The other 2 and the 4 305's are still preparing order. Hadnt received the cancellation email, but I looked at my CC statement and the charge changed to just for the 2 tires... for those that got multiple shipments did they break the CC charges up, or am i pretty much done?
Sponsored