Sponsored

Good deal: Sport Cup 2s at Walmart

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
Sorry to hear guys. I guess I got extremely lucky. I didn't even need to take it to tier 2 support. They matched with no questions.
Sponsored

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350R Shadow Black
Sorry to hear guys. I guess I got extremely lucky. I didn't even need to take it to tier 2 support. They matched with no questions.
Just sent you a PM. Walmart is being terrible. So pissed at them right now.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
41st week of 2017
Shipped from Simpletire
Mich part 75183 OEM Fronts
305/30ZR19(98Y)
2 tires from previous cancelled partial order
Tier 2 last week
Arrived today
Makes full set SC2, so that and NT01 covers my season...
Have a second cancelled order for 8 more tires 4fr 4rr
Wasnt going to even try that one, lol
C96275AE-F4DB-4531-BDFA-71085AFA7322.jpeg

Jimgolf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Porsche 911E Targa
I want to also say thank you to whoever started this thread. I got lucky and ordered a set of 4 PSC2's for my Focus RS at $135 each from Walmart. I was shocked when there were actually delivered 10 days later. I almost wish I had ordered another set for my future 350R.

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
I finally received my four MPSC2s. I'm shocked this all worked out. The tire dates are wildly different. Two of them are week 41 of 17, and two are week 11 of 16.

Sponsored

Lightning Blue GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duey
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 #H2996, 12 FX35, 09 G37S
REALLY MAD AT WALMART THEY WOULD NOT SEND ME TO THE TIER 2 MANAGER THE GUY JUST KEPT SAYING THAT HE WAS THE HIGHEST LEVEL I COULD TALK TO BUT COULD NOT EXPLAIN WHY HE WOULD NOT HONOR THERE PRICING. THEY SENT ME THE FRONTS AND CANCELED MY REAR SET SO I TRIED TO CALL THEM AND THEY KEEP HANGING UP ON ME WITHOUT ME SAYING A WORD....SO PISSED....I GUESS I GIVE UP HATS OFF TO THE GUYS THAT GOT THE DEAL ( I ORDERED 2 DAYS AFTER THE POST WENT UP)

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
Thought I would give it a chance and try to get my cancelled order fulfilled. I spoke to the most ill spoken ghetto trash I've had the displeasure of speaking with in quite some time. It was comical but I NEVER expected what was next to come....she asked me "would you rather speak to a manager" to which I replied "sure that might be more helpful" and she hit me with some Dave Chappelle action "well you are luck, I am a floor manager"

[ame]

hahahahahahah!

It was unreal! I had to laugh, then she got upset and told me to hold for her supervisor. She put me on hold then told me her supervisor didn't want to speak to me. I just laughed again. Then she told me to hold for Corporate Support team, I think she just put me on hold and wants me to hang up.

I just want to see what else happens on this call.

Even if they won't let me have them at the price I think they provided me a good laugh.:lol::lol::lol:

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350R Shadow Black
I went round and round with them a week back. They keep saying they won't "price match". They sold me tires that said they were in stock at the time and then couldn't fulfill the order. When they canceled the order I called back and they told me to call if the tires came back in stock and they may consider honoring the initial price. Well, called back when in stock and I keep getting the run around and was told they will absolutely not honor the price. What a terrible business practice. If their computer can't keep track of stock they need to fix the problem on their end. I told them this is a bait and switch basically, not selling me the tires at the initial price and now telling me to buy them at a price 300% higher. I want my damn tires at an unbelievable price!

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Probably my last update on all of this but I received the front tires today 305/30ZR19 SC2s as expected and my total cost forthe “R” OEM spec tire set was $1,090. Thanks a ton to whomever kicked off this thread way back around Cyber Monday!
Well, I sure hope this deal comes back. $1050 for me for a set of SC2 was a hell of a lot better than $1650 tire rack wants now (and Walmart is like $2400 now for the set lol). I had to end my 5th track day early b/c chords, so it's already $225 in tire cost per track day at these sale prices --- not sure how much I'll be ok paying $350+ per track day for these tires and may have to experiment with others if thats the case.

FWIW, I don't have camber plates, and the driver, front especially, outside tire wears massively faster on track (rear driver side as well but not as big a difference), but I rotated the wheels left to right after the 3rd session and the overall wear was pretty even as both fronts chorded at the same time, after 3rd session on fifth track day. My rears might have had another 2 days left in them, but one had a bad chunk missing and the other happened to pick up a screw on the way home so I just replaced everything.

Expensive hobby, figured about $750 in tires, fees, brakes parts DIY wear, and gas minimum per track event. And that's with a full warranty covering if anything more expensive breaks!

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Well, I sure hope this deal comes back. $1050 for me for a set of SC2 was a hell of a lot better than $1650 tire rack wants now (and Walmart is like $2400 now for the set lol). I had to end my 5th track day early b/c chords, so it's already $225 in tire cost per track day at these sale prices --- not sure how much I'll be ok paying $350+ per track day for these tires and may have to experiment with others if thats the case.

FWIW, I don't have camber plates, and the driver, front especially, outside tire wears massively faster on track (rear driver side as well but not as big a difference), but I rotated the wheels left to right after the 3rd session and the overall wear was pretty even as both fronts chorded at the same time, after 3rd session on fifth track day. My rears might have had another 2 days left in them, but one had a bad chunk missing and the other happened to pick up a screw on the way home so I just replaced everything.

Expensive hobby, figured about $750 in tires, fees, brakes parts DIY wear, and gas minimum per track event. And that's with a full warranty covering if anything more expensive breaks!
I think all its about 1100 for me with insurance and gas.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Got so excited when this thread popped back up thinking someone had found another deal :cwl:

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Agree, for a weekend event about $1k with track insurance. Every once in awhile I think about getting a cheaper car to run; smaller tires and less horsepower. It makes financial sense but the Voodoo is so dam intoxicating to run on track with the linear power after 3500rpm all the way up to redline. The chassis is well balanced once getting a proper track alignment and square tire setup. May try the Goodyear Supercar 3R tires (~$350/) for next year if a good tire deal doesn't come along during the off season.
Sponsored