Sponsored

Gloss black mirror covers

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Vinyl wrap would be a cheaper option, IMO.

On the subject, does anybody know how to remove the mirror covers?
Vinyl wrap is the direction I'm heading. I think there are some videos out of folks removing them.
Sponsored

redgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 5.2 FPC Swap, Sync 3 Retrofit
Yes, I believe it is called paint.

Anybody know the best way to achieve this? I want to match my mirror covers to my UA paint code Track Pack spoiler, lots of covers on the market but seemingly all of them are carbon fiber style.

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
These images are the eBay black gloss covers I ordered, installed. The driver's side one went on perfectly, fell right into place for a top notch fit. The passenger side I could not get quite as perfect, however I'm going to re-approach it soon with some fresh 3M tape to see if I can get it as good as the driver's side.

You can see where there is a slight exposed area on the passenger side, showing the Deep Impact blue paint.

The driver's side is so good you gotta squint to tell it's a cover.

I have a UA gloss black GT350 Track Pack spoiler, and the finish and coloring of these is as dead on as you could hope. Not bad for $60 shipped.
2015-black-mirror-cover-driver-front.jpg
2015-black-mirror-cover-driver-rear.jpg
2015-black-mirror-cover-pass-rear.jpg

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
These images are the eBay black gloss covers I ordered, installed. The driver's side one went on perfectly, fell right into place for a top notch fit. The passenger side I could not get quite as perfect, however I'm going to re-approach it soon with some fresh 3M tape to see if I can get it as good as the driver's side.

You can see where there is a slight exposed area on the passenger side, showing the Deep Impact blue paint.

The driver's side is so good you gotta squint to tell it's a cover.

I have a UA gloss black GT350 Track Pack spoiler, and the finish and coloring of these is as dead on as you could hope. Not bad for $60 shipped.
Got a link?

-Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
The best way is to find some off a black car which is probably hard or order an OEM set and get them painted black. Could also just pull your current ones off and paint black.

I had a set painted and they turned out great i think.
What springs are you running?

Sponsored

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I ordered a spare set of OEM and had them painted black, makes it easy if I ever want to go back to the originals.

I have seen some mirrors wrapped in vinyl and didn't like the outcome. Due to the shape of the mirror, most shops cut the vinyl and you can see the seem.

Boston23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPP Ingot Silver
I ordered a spare set of OEM and had them painted black, makes it easy if I ever want to go back to the originals.

I have seen some mirrors wrapped in vinyl and didn't like the outcome. Due to the shape of the mirror, most shops cut the vinyl and you can see the seem.
Warren, those covers look pretty good. Did you get the passenger side to seat correctly with new tape? I had already ordered an extra set of OEM's as Joe did. I'll keep you posted on how they turn out.
IMG_8.jpg
IMG_188.jpg
IMG_547.jpg

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
Warren, those covers look pretty good. Did you get the passenger side to seat correctly with new tape? I had already ordered an extra set of OEM's as Joe did. I'll keep you posted on how they turn out.
Wow, yours look like they came out great!

I did end up getting the passenger side straight, I had to use rubbing alcohol while prying the cover off, to let the alcohol break the tape apart which worked great. When I did the re-install I followed the following link's instructions on mounting 3M products and it worked perfectly to get it in position.

https://www.heeltoeauto.com/tech-ar...ior-parts-with-3m-double-sided-foam-tape.html

The internet is pretty slick, i never thought to try this mounting procedure for 3M before.

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
One thing I will say though about my experience with these, the passenger side very outer area pulls away from the natural shape of the mirror cover very slightly. The driver side you could not ask for a better fit. The passenger side is acceptable, but maybe their mold is slightly off as it just doesn't pull in all the way.

The only person who would know is YOU, it is that slight.
Sponsored