Sponsored

Black Mirror Covers?

AV80R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Twister Orange L0376
Thanks! My car is OW and I already have the Track Pack spoiler and 2016 OEM black heat extractors. Looking to "complete" the look. I'm thinking just put a few coats of clear on them and have them PPF'd.
Black mirrors will look great on OW...esp with the other pieces.

stang6515

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
1965 Fastback, 2019 GT350, 2022 Mach 1 w/HP
do you know if the fuel door comes the same way in gloss black primer? sure been looking for a stock one off a black car but cant find one for sale

AV80R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't say for sure but I suspect so. I'll check around a bit tomorrow.

American

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT / 17 GT350
Dang that looks nice! Any up-close pictures to show the finish and orange peel level?

Wonder if they could be compounded to a high gloss like a regular shiny single stage paint job..?

Sponsored

Fabulous

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Performance Pack Mustang
They are same color and same paint.
Someone scrapped the crap out of my passenger mirror cover last Friday at the doctors office. Found this thread and hope all the information is correct on the color black. Ordered a set throw Levittown Ford, just hope they are not on back order. It seems everyone has a different way of taking the mirror covers off. What is the right way? Don't want to screw this up.

:headbonk:

Oko3612

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic PP 15 GT
Let me know about the color when you get them? Can never have enough testimonials.

Fabulous

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
The covers are to be delivered this Friday by FedEx. I will take a few Pictures next to my black hood vents before I install the covers. The ones on Jasonstang look tough and perfect match.

Sponsored

P51DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The covers are to be delivered this Friday by FedEx. I will take a few Pictures next to my black hood vents before I install the covers. The ones on Jasonstang look tough and perfect match.
Black hood vents... yep that was you on Estrella and Van Buren, I thought so :thumbsup:

AV80R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Fabulous, did you get the black primer ones? If so, remember that jasonstang has a CS, which comes with black painted mirrors. The primer ones need some TLC to get a gloss on them. They're kinda satin black when you get them. I used polish, sealant, and wax on mine. Same as I use on the rest of the car. As you can see, they aren't as perfect as they would be with a top notch paint job, but I'm satisfied with them. The primer isn't as hard as paint and clear coat, so I'm sure I'll have to paint them at some point.
IMG_8962.jpg
IMG_8958.jpg

Fabulous

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Hey Fabulous, did you get the black primer ones? If so, remember that jasonstang has a CS, which comes with black painted mirrors. The primer ones need some TLC to get a gloss on them. They're kinda satin black when you get them. I used polish, sealant, and wax on mine. Same as I use on the rest of the car. As you can see, they aren't as perfect as they would be with a top notch paint job, but I'm satisfied with them. The primer isn't as hard as paint and clear coat, so I'm sure I'll have to paint them at some point.
They are coming in tomorrow, but now I'm wondering if I should get them painted black. The ones on the car now have 1 rock chip on the drivers side and a scratch on the passenger side. They get trashed quickly on the road and in the parking lot.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
They are coming in tomorrow, but now I'm wondering if I should get them painted black. The ones on the car now have 1 rock chip on the drivers side and a scratch on the passenger side. They get trashed quickly on the road and in the parking lot.
Depends on how much getting them prepped and painted.
I wonder if you could order the california special ones that are painted glossy black.
Sponsored