Sponsored

GFB DV+ Does not fit a 2019.

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Mustang Ecoboost performance Pack, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am
So I found out the hard way today that the GFB DV+ does not fit the 2019 Ecoboost. Ford apparently changed the diverter valve for 2019.

So I ended up breaking the diverter valve in the process and now the ecoboost is down until I can find a new one.

If anyone has a diverter valve from swapping to a different BOV let me know? I’ll pay you for overnighting it to me so I can get the stang back on the road.
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Can you explain how it does not fit?
Too big, too small, too long too short, etc.........
TIA

OP
OP

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Mustang Ecoboost performance Pack, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am
TIA
The pin that you pull the old piston off of gas changed. Now it has a lip on it for the new piston and the new spring and piston can’t be installed. Also the lip on the inside of the diverter valve is too tall and the DV+ won’t sit flush like it’s supposed to.

OP
OP

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
TIA
So, in the process of trying to remove the piston, I ended up cracking it in half. Which is when I saw the piston is basically press fit between two lips and the lower lip can’t be removed.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
i ran into the same issue about 3 days ago. luckily i didnt break the BOV trying to figure it out. i put it all back together, and worked out to return and replace with a turbosmart BOV. cost difference was about $60.

https://www.tuneplusinc.com/collect...ucts/turbosmart-bov-for-2015-ecoboost-mustang

im sure if you make a phone call to order, you could probably arrange for it to be sent overnight. Since we are just now discovering the incompatibility (i emailed GFB directly, and even they weren't yet aware), you might even get them to waive the overnight charge.

For those familiar with the 15-18 BOV, the attached images will show the difference.
Photo Jan 16, 4 32 52 PM.jpg
Photo Jan 16, 5 46 58 PM.jpg
Photo Jan 16, 5 47 21 PM.jpg

Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
the short version is that the big valve plunger in the center doesnt just pop out like in the previous versions. its hard attached to the metal pin that activates it.

klataxes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I have the same problem with my 2019 Ecoboost, but fortunately I did not damage the stock valve. I cannot return the DV+, as it is past the window for returns. Will an earlier year (2015 - 2018) bypass valve fit the 2019 housing? I may want to go that route, or perhaps try to sell the DV+.

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP