Sponsored

Local guy wants $900 for Cobb V3, Speed Factory IC, Airraid intake, and GFB DV +

RubyRed_RN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost PP Ruby Red
Good local used deal. Parts were ran for around 3k miles. This will be my first mods and seems like a good way to get started and just run stage 2. Should I pull the trigger today?
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Sounds okay, but I would try to get him down to $750

OP
OP
RubyRed_RN

RubyRed_RN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Sounds okay, but I would try to get him down to $750
I initially offered $800 which is exactly half the price of full cost for everything new. He countered $950. I responded with $900 which is really only adding $25 x 4 different parts I'm buying. I feel ok with it especially since he's only 10 miles away from me.

I was initially looking at the FP tune which would be $800 alone after installation.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
If you feel comfortable with the price then go for it. Remember you would still need a custom tune on top of it and that will run another $300. I would not utilize the Cobb tune.

OP
OP
RubyRed_RN

RubyRed_RN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
If you feel comfortable with the price then go for it. Remember you would still need a custom tune on top of it and that will run another $300. I would not utilize the Cobb tune.
Why not utilize the Cobb stage 1 or 2? From what I've read the OTS maps are still pretty conservative and comparable to the FP tune at that level. Would hold me over a bit until I get everything installed and ready for a custom tune.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Why not utilize the Cobb stage 1 or 2? From what I've read the OTS maps are still pretty conservative and comparable to the FP tune at that level. Would hold me over a bit until I get everything installed and ready for a custom tune.
Stage 1 should be okay but I have read plenty of posts of people talking about issues running stage 2 when using different manufacturer parts. The Cobb stage 2 and 3 tunes are designed to be used with the respective Cobb parts. So if you want more than what stage 1 offers then you should look to an aftermarket tune from a place like PD tuning or tune +

OP
OP
RubyRed_RN

RubyRed_RN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Stage 1 should be okay but I have read plenty of posts of people talking about issues running stage 2 when using different manufacturer parts. The Cobb stage 2 and 3 tunes are designed to be used with the respective Cobb parts. So if you want more than what stage 1 offers then you should look to an aftermarket tune from a place like PD tuning or tune +
Gotcha. Thanks for the help.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Yeah if you are not going to get the FP tune (has a warranty), then get a protune. The cobb maps are garbage compared to a protune. The cobb maps are meant for cobb parts so if you do not run their parts, if makes their garbage map even more garbage lol.
Sponsored