Sponsored

Getting ready to install 2018 Intake Manifold

Eyeguy05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Lightening Blue
So im getting the 2018 IM installed on my 2017 and tuned by a local tuner, i currently have the Steeda Proflow CAI with the restrictor installed. i plan on removing the restrictor for the tune, does anyone see any reason why i should spend more money on a different CAI or just stick with what i got? anything else i should look into purchasing before the install?
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
As an aside I'm interested if you hear a Ticking on your car after you do this swap. I've heard a YouTuber mention he did a '18 swap on his GT and after that his car ticks like his buddies 2018.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
As an aside I'm interested if you hear a Ticking on your car after you do this swap. I've heard a YouTuber mention he did a '18 swap on his GT and after that his car ticks like his buddies 2018.
An intake manifold would have nothing to do with an engine tick at all. They're two different engines as well. This whole engine tick crap is getting blown way out of proportion.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
An intake manifold would have nothing to do with an engine tick at all. They're two different engines as well. This whole engine tick crap is getting blown way out of proportion.
Many peopel are saying the Intake itself has a ticking noise too. I'm not talking about the BBQ tick.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
You might want to look into an injector upgrade if ever plan on using E85 with your tune. The stock injectors wont handle it.