Sponsored

Getting hot out

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Summer in the south really sucks the life out of the driving experience. The average winter temp in SC is 50 degrees, and with summer only tires on the PP the car is a completely different machine.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
OP
OP

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Still ran 5.6 0-60 so not bad once it cools down in the evening.

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
I think the levels would do great! I have the fftec eco intercooler and here in the san antonio 90+ heat Im doing great. I don't really care for those cobb, map, and mishi designs because when it comes to cooling surface area is kinda a big deal.... Also the atm intercooler seems like a bit of overkill and at that size id be a little worried about pressure drops.
Running the ATM here for the last 5 months. No worries abut pressure drops. There has been no increased lag/spool time. And now that it's warming up the drop off due to heat has been far less than it was a year ago on the stock intercooler.

The one thing I think you'll notice with any good size intercooler is the car doesn't pull timing as often nor as much when it does.

Sponsored

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
What's this hot weather issue you speak of? My car actually is running better with ambients in the 80's :D

#E85 #ATM

OP
OP

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's this hot weather issue you speak of? My car actually is running better with ambients in the 80's :D#E85 #ATM
Even with the atm intercooler once it gets in the 90s I can notice the loss of power. I never noticed with my old subi but that thing made 150hp to the crank so I guess it was always lacking power. I need to find somewhere to do a methanol kit installation I think that would cure the problem.

KadenW23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kaden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford White Ecoboost
Yeah Texas summers can be brutal! Gets close to 100 just about every day and it's always pretty humid. Since i have a tune and the stock IC i need to watch it on the throttle during the day and wait for it to cool down at night.
I feel you dude, with all this rain we've been getting, the humidity has shot through the roof!! I have definitely felt that thee car is driving differently!

Wulf Titan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM A/T
With all those mods i think your car should be in the high 4's! What tires do you have? Some people can get that 0-60 stock.

OP
OP

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First the car is manual. Second I have the stock tires on the 18in foundry wheels with 22k miles on them. Third I was driving...not someone else and that's about as good as I can get it. Best was a 5.4
Sponsored